FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shad Fishing!  (Read 1210 times)

Dana

Shad Fishing!
« on: Apr 20, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Does anyone have any reports from shad fishing? I'm hoping to take a shot at it this week.
Thanks!
Glenn, get the net!

CMD1987

Re: Shad Fishing!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2018, 09:56 AM »
Does anyone have any reports from shad fishing? I'm hoping to take a shot at it this week.
Thanks!

Might be just a touch early. Haven’t heard of any yet, Though I suspect this is the week we may get first reports. Go be the one to discover their arrival!

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Going to hit Rocks Village for them? Us to do well there when I lived on the North Shore, Now it is The Connecticut River...

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2018, 04:41 AM »
Any body go in Holyoke I use to go there and do well.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Any body go in Holyoke I use to go there and do well.

Fished one of the tribs of the CT river yesterday.  There are a ton of shad in the river but I don't think I was properly prepared with the fly rod.  I was thinking the water would be way up like the CT but it wasn't so my sinking line wasnt really getting the right presentation.  My cousin caught a decent one on sink tip.  The other guys around us using spinning gear got a bunch.  The gentleman next to me was using 4lb line and light setup.  He hooked into what must have been a 25lb carp that he fought for about 20 minutes.  We got a glimpse of it but when he went to lift the rod to net it the line broke.  It was still one heck of a fight to witness.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.