FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slowww day  (Read 1164 times)

haightdaddy

Slowww day
« on: Jun 09, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Real slow few hours this morning, went to Stinson lake up in Rumney. I have my school apartment in the summer so I’m able to stay the weekends up here and fish now. Got on the water right around 7:30, wind was howling out there making it real hard to hold any kind of position. Finished the day with 3 smallmouth biggest around 17”. No pictures to show I didn’t bother bringing my phone out because there’s no service there. I could not believe how many lake trout were swimming around the shallows/ sandy areas out there, really cool to see. All in all still a beautiful day to be out. Tight lines!

zwiggles

Re: Slowww day
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Sounds like a good day. Water temps must have been pretty cool for the Lakers to be cruising the shallows. Did you try to cast to the trout at all?

haightdaddy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Water was pretty chilly still. I was mostly throwing gitzits and cranks and the lakers took zero interest in any of it. Didn’t realize Stinson had significant laker population??

brownbagger247

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2018, 04:29 AM »
One slow day ain't so bad,, I've had a slow spring can count the fish on one hand including the derby. Are you sure they were Lakers and not bottom feeders?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.