FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any action happening?  (Read 3562 times)

Turnbuckle

Any action happening?
« on: Jun 24, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Anyone having any good action? Seems sorta quiet 🤫.

Sebago was extremely busy relatively  speaking yesterday. Lots of trollers, though spread out. This past week I had no kids as they are away so got to fish most days. As the week went on it got progressively slower. Yesterday, I got only one fish and it was an accident!

Those are the days that separate the skilled guys from the novices. I tried a lots of not everything I had and struck out!
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

Re: Any action happening?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Been a great month

Caught a 7 pound 2 ounce grandson (our first) 2 Friday's ago and gained a new daughter-in-'law this past Saturday.  Not sure what she weights. 8)
# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Been a great month

Caught a 7 pound 2 ounce grandson (our first) 2 Friday's ago and gained a new daughter-in-'law this past Saturday.  Not sure what she weights. 8)

That’s some solid action! Congrats. Matt got married this weekend?

I havent seen his boat for sale on CL.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Just wait. ;D ;D ;D

I called dibs on his fishfinder and bow.  I think teampar claimed the boat and riggers.  Mark'NFish called the rods and lures.  Gamefisher the rest.

# SAND

seamonkey84

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2018, 06:15 PM »
I went out for some bass fishing this afternoon, kinda slow but I managed 4-5 LMB and close to a dozen sunfish/yellow perch with the fly rod, mostly on a small foam popper with a small pink wooly bugger trailer. The other two guys in the boat caught 2-3 bass each with rubber worms. The average of the day were like this in the 2lb range.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Been a great month

It has been a good couple of weeks for the Kamm family!  8)

MarkNFish

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Been a great month

A couple of keepers for sure!  Making me feel old though :D

fishlessman

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:10 AM »
been slow out there for us but sunday went well. several salmon in the 20 to 22 inch range.  no weight to them at all, skinny fish. took one home saturday at 21 inches, full of ants, no smelt. no rhyme or reason to the depths, caught salmon from the propwash down to 55 feet. overall this season has been slow and small salmon

MarkNFish

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:41 AM »
Anyone having any good action? Seems sorta quiet 🤫.

Sebago was extremely busy relatively  speaking yesterday. Lots of trollers, though spread out. This past week I had no kids as they are away so got to fish most days. As the week went on it got progressively slower. Yesterday, I got only one fish and it was an accident!

Those are the days that separate the skilled guys from the novices. I tried a lots of not everything I had and struck out!
To answer your original question...I was skunked trolling at our camp this past weekend for the first time in years.  I say it had something to do with the massive mayfly hatch; Gamefisher would say it's the upcoming full moon.  Truth is it was probably just me not getting the job done.   

JDK

« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Fishing wise, June was a good month.  Did our annual bass trip and caught well.  Caught some cold water fish throughout the month also.
# SAND

seamonkey84

« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:50 AM »
been slow out there for us but sunday went well. several salmon in the 20 to 22 inch range.  no weight to them at all, skinny fish. took one home saturday at 21 inches, full of ants, no smelt.

I assume they were the carpenter ant queens that are taking flight lately.
I always look forward to the ant “hatch” when the new queen ants fly to mate and make their own colonies. Call me a geek, but I use to have a few colonies that I started with queens I’ve collected.

When they start crashing on the water, the fishing can get real interesting just like most hatches, and even gets the bigger fish interested since it’s such a protein rich meal. I have a whole row of ants in my fly box in various sizes as the smaller ones still work even when there’s no flying ones. I wish I got a pic of it, but last week I caught a ~13” SMB that had a big carpenter ant still in its mouth. The ant had bit onto the roof of the fish’s mouth and didn’t get swallowed. 
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2018, 11:48 AM »
I assume they were the carpenter ant queens that are taking flight lately.
I always look forward to the ant “hatch” when the new queen ants fly to mate and make their own colonies. Call me a geek, but I use to have a few colonies that I started with queens I’ve collected.

When they start crashing on the water, the fishing can get real interesting just like most hatches, and even gets the bigger fish interested since it’s such a protein rich meal. I have a whole row of ants in my fly box in various sizes as the smaller ones still work even when there’s no flying ones. I wish I got a pic of it, but last week I caught a ~13” SMB that had a big carpenter ant still in its mouth. The ant had bit onto the roof of the fish’s mouth and didn’t get swallowed.

These are the ones that I have seen giant hatches coming right up out of the lake .

stguy

« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:11 PM »
It has been a pretty slow start for us but we have done a lot of exploring and trying new spots, my boat is on a mooring now so I have way more time to spend on the water.

So far it's been the year of lost fish, we've lost as many as we've put in the boat this year.

JDK

« Reply #13 on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:18 PM »

So far it's been the year of lost fish, we've lost as many as we've put in the boat this year.

Any idea why?
# SAND

gamefisher

« Reply #14 on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:32 PM »
It has been a pretty slow start for us but we have done a lot of exploring and trying new spots, my boat is on a mooring now so I have way more time to spend on the water.

That is interesting because 90% of the hits I have had this spring have resulted in conversions, very good spring.  The time when I see the "short bites" as around the full moon.  I was with FLAG one time (doesn't post on here any longer) and we were on a dead full moon and lots of drops.  He cranked the drags way down tight and we started getting fish to the boat, first time I had seen that but it worked.  Check for dull hooks also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.