FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers  (Read 1734 times)

fish wayniac

Stripers
« on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:25 PM »
I filally got to wet a line after some long work weeks. I fished Sunday morning at dead low tide and found some fish. I jigged a dozen pollack so I always had a live one under a baloon. I caught 2 stripers at 27” and one at 25”. Also had a few misses. It is good to see the bigger fish showing up!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Stripers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:04 PM »
More nice stripers, Wayne!   Do they chase and grab the live pollock on the surface?

fish wayniac

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:23 AM »
More nice stripers, Wayne!   Do they chase and grab the live pollock on the surface?
Jim, I have about 5 ft between the bait and the bobber. The bait is most of the time down a little. I have seen the striper toying with them under the surface though. I am still waiting on the mackerel. Striper candy!

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2018, 08:38 AM »
Jim, I have about 5 ft between the bait and the bobber. The bait is most of the time down a little. I have seen the striper toying with them under the surface though. I am still waiting on the mackerel. Striper candy!

The macks have been prolific at the canal...water temps down our way have been a bit cooler than normal.  This week should help move some macks up your way. 

StarCraft

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2018, 09:12 AM »

I'm not sure if you have a boat but the macs are pretty thick in Casco Bay.  I have been catching them pretty easy for the past three weeks.  Pogies were heavy yesterday morning.  Schools of them all over the place.  Snagged up a bunch of them.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2018, 09:35 AM »
Herring all over RI. I have not seen this many herring in years!
Wicked Wec

caught_the_fever

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Nice fish, congrats!  This year has been a solid one for sure. 

Something about the tug of those sea run fish. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.