FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch Near Cheyenne  (Read 1903 times)

Paddiesdaddy

Perch Near Cheyenne
« on: Jul 08, 2018, 03:22 PM »
I’m at a loss here for perching & eyes around here.
Crystal Lake - Had a good one on a jig lost him could see him in water. Only one I’ve ever seen there. Otherwise I can pull trout 3.5-6 lbs
Sloan’s - Have caught 3 : 4-5 inches (took about 6 hours total water time to get them)
Packer Lake - Horrible place for anything
Wheatland 3 - 3 monster trout no eyes.

I know ( have heard crappie and perch in Sloan’s.....is there a better area on the pond to get them? Pump house ? Inlet by the base side? Trees on south side?

If there are more that size in crystal easily a 2 lb where in the heck are they? I fish by the crow creek inlet hiking back in.... I was thinking if I hiked all the way over to the d**n might be better or gravel side?

I don’t want any ones secret spot I just would like a good perch or walleye dinner be able to go to the places where someone else has had some good luck.

Appreciate any help or pointers!

appleye

Re: Perch Near Cheyenne
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2018, 04:08 PM »
I'm not going to be much help as I've never fished the water you have listed. I do fish Glendo a bit and live near Keyhole. This is the time of year when the water has the most food available minnows/insects so catch rates start to drop. I catch more perch this time of year around large weed beds. The walleyes don't like real warm water but will go there to feed. Look for areas closer to deep water where there will be a thermocline. If fishing from shore wade out until you feel the water cool off a bit then fish those types of areas. Glendo would be where I would go. Lots of eyes to be had. If your not catching then move. Good luck.

Paddiesdaddy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Thank you. Have heard Glendo as well. One guy at the Sundance DOT port told me keyhole is super deep and can pull hogs of both out.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2018, 08:19 AM »
Try Granite for perch. The south side I been told.

Paddiesdaddy

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2018, 09:36 PM »
Thank you for the tip will try that!

TN

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2018, 11:24 AM »
If you have a boat or float tube (I guess mini-pontoon these days), try the coves at Granite, 12-20 FOW, use ice fishing techniques...little jigs and spoons tipped with a little piece of worm.  Find the weeds and you will find the fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.