FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 146681 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #195 on: Mar 24, 2019, 07:16 PM »

Was gonna hit Ontario today for browns but real windy when got up , so stayed home cleaned barn and smoked some ribs
Those look great. I'm thinking they helped forget the busted fishing trip at supper.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #196 on: Apr 21, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Mmmmmm! Smoked half ham for a neighborhood party.

Did a side of mashed potato casserole with cream cheese, cheddar cheese topped with seasoned bread crumbs and parm. Others brought shrimp, snacks, veggies and plenty of beer!

A nice spring afternoon party.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #197 on: Apr 21, 2019, 06:16 PM »
That looks awesome!
I did pork chops with apples, sauerkraut and brown sugar in crock pot

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #198 on: Apr 22, 2019, 02:54 AM »
Mmmmmm! Smoked half ham for a neighborhood party.

Did a side of mashed potato casserole with cream cheese, cheddar cheese topped with seasoned bread crumbs and parm. Others brought shrimp, snacks, veggies and plenty of beer!

A nice spring afternoon party.

Rg
Great looking ham there. A trip to the smoker takes a ham over the top. I did another double smoked ham for Easter along with pumpkin pie and homemade whipped cream, however,didn't get any pics.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #199 on: Apr 22, 2019, 05:02 AM »
Gotta try that double smoked recipe sometime. Sounds really good.
 This one I smoked at 225 for a couple hours. Then put in a foil pan with the drippings and a cup of chicken broth and covered it tight with foil. At 155 I opened it up, glazed it and put it back on the rack at 275 for 20 minutes  till it hit 165. My glaze was Peach Preserves, honey, molasses, brown mustard and bourbon.

I let it rest a half hour while I was reducing the juice and broth from the pan to which I added a bit of honey. I poured the "gravy" over the sliced ham. The group was really quiet while they were eating. All I was hearing was "Mmmmmm!".

The mashed potato casserole was a big hit. It was an experiment.
5 lbs white potatoes boiled and peeled
1 c milk (I use 1% but it doesn't really matter)
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 block of cream cheese, softened
2 whole eggs
1 C sharp cheddar cheese
2 tbsp parsley ( fresh if possible)
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Topping,
Seasoned bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
Crumbled bacon

Boil the potatoes and place on a rack till they are cool enough to handle. Peel and cut up then mash them a bit.
I put mine in the Kitchenaid and beat them adding all the other ingredients. I change the beater to the whisk and whip the mixture till it's smooth. Place in a lightly greased glass pan and top with a little seasoned bread crumbs, parm and bacon crumbles.

Bake covered at 350 about an hour remove the foil and bake till browned on top. This will puff up significantly so use a deep enough pan or you'll be over the sides. Mine rose almost an inch. You'll know it's done when it's risen in the center.

Not cardiologist approved.....but seriously delicious.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #200 on: Apr 22, 2019, 05:26 AM »
Looks amazing guys...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #201 on: Apr 22, 2019, 07:45 AM »
Jeez RG, I'm trying to loose weight for an upcoming Dr.'s appt. Now I have to try those potatos. Thanks ;D.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #202 on: Apr 22, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Wait till after the Dr. Appointment!

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Ok who's smoking what this weekend?   ::)
I have 8lbs of short ribs. A whole chicken and a 3ld  venison roast.   ;D
Watcha all got?   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Just prepped a 26 pound Turkey for the smoker this morning. Pics to follow hopefully.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Forgot the before shot.  Here it is a couple hours in. More to come.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Success. The Turkey turned out great. Tender and very juicy. Its a big hit at today's camp cookout. I injected it with about a cup of chicken stock, butter, onion and garlic powder and my rub that I cooked and strained to inject after cooling. Spatchcocking is the way to do a big Bird. A 26 pound turkey took 4 hours at 275 with apple wood.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2019, 05:37 PM »
That looks awesome.
Not doing mine till Monday.
Hope half turns out as good as that..... ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2019, 04:56 AM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #209 on: May 28, 2019, 07:26 AM »
I'm very jealous. Didn't smoke anything. Got too busy Saturday and Sunday working in the gardens, mowing lawns and such. Worked my 4 hours yesterday and had a nice little cookout with the neighbors.

Love the looks of those short ribs Dom.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.