FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Registering a boat in MA  (Read 1231 times)

Rickwakeman

Registering a boat in MA
« on: Sep 10, 2018, 08:47 PM »
I recently bought a cheap boat on Amazon that I want to put a motor on. Amazon collected the sales tax when I purchased it. I submitted the receipt with the rest of the forms to get a registration but it was sent back to me for not having the ST6 form included. I already paid the sales tax and have no intention of paying twice. Any idea how I need to fill out this form? It says I need to include the confirmation which I am not sure how to get without paying the tax again. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

stripernut

Re: Registering a boat in MA
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2018, 04:40 AM »
I would try to talk with the registry directly, I bet that they have a way around that... I have called the boat registry in Worchester and talked to a real person in the past, so it is possible...

CMD1987

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2018, 05:48 AM »
I worked around this for my kayak by writing out a written statement. Call - and make sure you talk to the right person, some people there have no idea written statements are allowed. EPO are not the brightest bulbs.

s fontinalis

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Not to hijack the thread but has anyone needed a boat inspection prior to registration. I was looking at the website and it said that if I don't have a hull ID on the boat I may need one. My transom was redone years before I bought it (up in Maine) so it lacks the hull ID... been registered in Maine for years but trying to get it registered down here now. Anyone else deal with this?

Hoping they can come to me if they need to inspect... I don't currently own a vehicle I can tow my boat with.

200fisher

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:46 AM »

Sorry, but the chance of them coming to you is probably ZERO...
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

s fontinalis

« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Sorry, but the chance of them coming to you is probably ZERO...

Thats what I'm worried about!

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2018, 08:34 PM »
You need to get a noterized letter stating you already paid sales tax. I went through something similar when I was registering a conoe in 2010 that my dad bought in like 1996. Didn’t have any original receipts or anything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.