FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yesterday and Today  (Read 919 times)

bogtrotter

Yesterday and Today
« on: Oct 28, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Yesterday afternoon, my younger son and I checked out Cheshire Lake from the causeway between 1st & second Lake.

It was cold (mid 30's), damp and rainy, with the wind blowing so hard from the northeast that whitecaps were slamming into the north side of the causeway - - so we packed up and called it a day.

This afternoon, we went back to Cheshire Lake when the weather was considerably more clement - - partly sunny (with occasional sprinkles), 40 degrees and no wind.

We tried both causeways (between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd lakes) without so much as a nibble.

Ditto the Summer Street road between the southern end of 3rd Lake and whatever the small pond next to the Lanesboro Mall is called (Berkshire Pond, I think?), although we did see a red fox trotting bold as brass down the street when we first arrived there.

On the way home, we hit the South Branch of the Hoosic at Cheshire Harbor (no action) and then again between the Old Stone Mill and the run a little below the waterfall below Elm Rock.

The only action was at the small roll dam waterfall above Elm Rock, where I lost a 13" or 14" rainbow (I had trouble getting it up and over the rim of the waterfall I was standing on) but landed a scrappy 11" brown.

Finally, we gave it a go on a small brook at Greylock Glen, where my son reeled in a couple of 8" brookies and I caught four smaller (5" to 6") ones at Pecks Falls.

By then, it was getting dark, so we headed home for supper.

Swampking89

Re: Yesterday and Today
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Way to get out Bog!! Always enjoy your posts!

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Way to get out Jim.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2018, 02:21 PM »
Thats how you cover some water.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor