FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi report  (Read 4962 times)

bigr

Resi report
« on: Nov 26, 2018, 03:44 AM »
This past holiday weekend the resi's were in good shape for fishing the usual spots. The 105 bridge for me gave up a bite or fish on nearly ever cast but had to catch 10 little fish to get an eater. I did mix in a couple very nice slabs in the couple hrs I fished. On the missy sunday evening I had about the same action but in the hr or so I fished I didn't have a keeper. I think the east wind and front had something to do with that. My expectation for the rest of the open water and ice season is high for successful trips. A person should not have any problem catching lots of fish and bring home a good meal. The Sally and Missy are great places to take a kid or friend to catch fish. Now for the bad news. This rain we are getting now will likely mess conditions up for a few days, or atleast I hope only for a few days. Watch the corp of eng site for level and discharge rates. Winter pool is what we want with low level of discharge. Also keep an eye on reports. See you on the bank or on the ice.

Bobber Watcher

Re: Resi report
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Thanks, I always enjoy reading your posts.

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2018, 08:37 AM »
Question about Misssy.  Someone on a duck forum said the res was capped over yesterday.  Any reports? I was thinking about dunking a few minnows this afternoon, but don't want to drive 2 hours to see thin ice and throw rocks off the bridge...
Thanks.

fish on,

rivereddy

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Missy is up about 5 foot now and rising after this latest rain. I fished missy the saturday after thanksgiving at red bridge launch and caught several small crappie and 6 nice slabs. A guy just down from me was having good luck on better quality fish though. He probably had 15 or 20 good ones. Too bad the rain had to mess everything up.

Bronzebacker

• A-BOMB on I.S.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:32 PM »
are there any boat launches on salimonie that can get you on the water when its at winter pool?
I can get on roush but looking south.  its a 19' jon and only need about 8-10" of water to get around...if I can find 2' of water to get it in.
any help would be appreciated
thx
a

lovetfish

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Dora ramp would be the only one they dredged it out a few years back I know they launch there when really low but not sure about winter pool

tater140

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2018, 08:24 PM »
I believe dora is the best option, but... with that being said i launched my boat early this spring aNd had to back through a good amount of silt to get there.  I would recommend 4wd if u try.  Unless they have cleaned it out again since march.  It was at winter pool then. 

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2018, 06:03 AM »
You would not be able to launch at Dora with water at winter pool. Silted in to bad. You could slide a boat in but that would be it.

bherr24

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2018, 06:39 PM »
Got over to missy this afternoon. Started up by slocum and couldnt buy a bite. Left and went to red bridge and found it iced over on the south bank out to about halfway across. Ended up fishing a place on the north bank that was open water and was slow to start. East wind was tough. Ice started to rapidly melt away as we fished and started picking away at some smaller crappie. Finally around 330 the bigger fish began to hit as the wind calmed. Kept 15 from 10 to 12 inches long. Some were as close as 10 feet from bank.  Fished 4 to 6 foot with tube jigs and small float.

bigr

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2018, 03:24 AM »
Should be good fishing for  several days with the forecast we have. Both resi's. My vacation starts Friday til after new years so I plan on hitting it hard along with a short trap line. May see you on the shore some where. Good luck. 

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Thinking about heading down tomorrow. Any suggestions on which resi would be better to hit?  I am still trying to figure out the levels, but I see both are a couple of feet above winter pool.  Any info on clarity?  I know there is a south wind tomorrow so I think the weather should be good. 

bigr

« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2018, 03:23 PM »
Conditions will not be good on either resi in the normal fishing locations. Water is likely very muddy and will be dropping fast with current. Rains down state is hurting us up here. Continue to watch corp site and wait til discharge drops to lower 100scfus and levels are at winter pool.

bherr24

« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2018, 09:04 PM »
I went back to missy yesterday. Got in peru and noticed wabash river way up from saturday. Thought to myself " not good". Checked lake level site and it was up over a foot. Decided to hit slocum again...water was dirty and choppy. I went way back in a cove out of the current and a little cleaner water and probably caught 40 fish. A lot of small ones but also 12 nice slabs. Mostly black crappie. Very close to the bank as well..i think there was a ledge down there they were hangin on. Deffinitely did better then i thought i was going to do.

rivereddy

« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Missy has stabilized and the water is clearing.  Good numbers some of decent size from the bank

fish on,

rivereddy

bherr24

« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2018, 10:30 AM »
 Good to hear. I went back last thursday and it had muddied up considerably. Only got 3 little ones. May head over later today to try again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.