FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Should be able to pick worms this week  (Read 5856 times)

fishinjohn

Re: Should be able to pick worms this week
« Reply #30 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:13 PM »
golf  course or  city park rainy night   fill your  containers
Just dont get caught unless you have permission... when I was a kid we would visit the local golf course and pile up some huge crawlers.. we got chased a few times but never got pinched

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:25 PM »
state  park here  they  never say a word...stay off the greens
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bbfrogger

« Reply #32 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Just dont get caught unless you have permission... when I was a kid we would visit the local golf course and pile up some huge crawlers.. we got chased a few times but never got pinched

Must have been some mean people - I lived across from a golf course growing up and used to sneak on to play - they said as long as we did it when no one else was playing like late in the day, and didn't play when the course was super wet so we did any damage, they were fine with it. Must have felt like if they can get the kids hooked on golf they will have future customers.

fishinjohn

« Reply #33 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:17 AM »
I saw yesterday some holes being drilled in my yard.. I'm thinking tomorrow night might be my first crawler outing.. Saturday night looks to be a little too cold maybe

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #34 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:57 AM »
They are calling for a good soaking rain this weekend here. That should wake things up. My 5yo grandson is wanting to go pick with Papa. Should be fun.

gotagetm

« Reply #35 on: Mar 28, 2019, 06:23 AM »
We got chased off a golf course in Batavia years ago by a group of guys that worked for a company that leased rights to pick on the course

bbfrogger

« Reply #36 on: Mar 28, 2019, 07:20 AM »
We got chased off a golf course in Batavia years ago by a group of guys that worked for a company that leased rights to pick on the course

Yet another reason why I think I was born 100 years to late.  LOL

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #37 on: Mar 28, 2019, 12:09 PM »
i'm going to  pick mine at wal mart
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

clovispoint

« Reply #38 on: Mar 28, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Just dont get caught unless you have permission

Great outlook. :cookoo:

skinny40

« Reply #39 on: Mar 29, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Some golf courses dont mind if you arent causing damage. During the closed months ive seen all types of dog walkers, hikers, bird watchers, even dog sleds cruising the courses around here. I fish one really nice course that i dont look like i belong at. I asked many years ago to fish and they said absolutely. Just that if it was busy i had to stay at the club house ponds and cant walk the course. Its been 20+ years and i fish it every year atleast once. I dont ice fish it only cause you can clearly see it from the road and i know i would get lots of company. I wouldnt want that so i just stop in once in a while and make a few casts. Catch some nice bass that eat everything and i usually got a cold beer and a burger from the snack bar and its a great time. Dont be afraid to ask. I just like pulling them from tilled fields. Playing tug of war with a worm i can hardly see makes me angry.

bbfrogger

« Reply #40 on: Mar 29, 2019, 07:45 AM »
Thats why I try to pick a bunch of them early in the year - when the grass starts growing it makes them really hard to see.  Got about 75 last night - nice night to pick - the rest of my body wanted to stay out but my back voted NO !!  LOL  Going to give it a go tonight too.  There are some nice fish in those golf course ponds - where I live they have a kids fishing derby every year in 1 of them for a day. The pond is less than an acre and they pull out some really nice fish.

bbfrogger

« Reply #41 on: Mar 29, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Great outlook. :cookoo:

hahahaha - yeah, maybe he meant don't pick unless you have permission ??

skinny40

« Reply #42 on: Mar 29, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Sometimes its fun asking just for the reactions. Best ever bait score for me i was working in a really rich neighborhood after a heavy rain and the house down the road had literally millions of crane fly larva. When i seen a car pull up out front i hurried over there and the lady got out and was afraid to even walk she just stood there in her high heels looking  at all the "giant maggots". Lol she looked horrified as i walked up soaked and covered in mud asking if i could take some of them. I came back 3 min later and she was standing there next to her car and i used a push broom and dust pan to sweep a path to the house. I loaded 2 buckets to the top with oak leaf grubs and was on my way. Never seen that many before.

bbfrogger

« Reply #43 on: Mar 29, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Good score.  There were quite a few times when I would pick worms in the parking lot of the insurance company I worked at on the way into work - the lot was filthy with them after a hard rain at night.  There would be 20-30 people (mostly women) looking out the windows that would ask me what I was doing when I walked in - dress clothes and shoes and a can full of worms.  hahahaha. After a while everybody knew I was the weird guy - they didn't understand, and I didn't get many handshakes - but they knew - hahahaha.

fishinjohn

« Reply #44 on: Apr 19, 2019, 09:27 PM »
My youngest boy and I got out and did some collateral damage on the crawler population here in my yard tonight.. I bet in a half hour we picked 25 doz or so... we started to get soaked by the rain so we will try again tomorrow night for more

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.