FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Should be able to pick worms this week  (Read 5863 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Should be able to pick worms this week
« Reply #45 on: Apr 20, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Got about 8 dozen crawlers last night in the rain and fog.... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bbfrogger

« Reply #46 on: Apr 20, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Nice !!  I went out again last night between downpours too - I've been picking about 75-85 per time - got a little over 300 so far this year.  Last night was the best by far - got them in about 20 minutes - a decent amount were just crawling free.  At times I was pinning 2 at a time. I'll pick another 150 or so and that should keep me for the summer unless I troll more than usual.  This year I found that if I double up a piece of wax paper and put it over the end of my flashlight with a rubber band I can still see the crawlers, but they don't react to the light at all, even if its right next to them.  1 layer of wax paper wasn't enough - they were still jumpy, and 4 made it too hard to see the worms, but 2 was perfect !  Still learning stuff after all these years. ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #47 on: Apr 20, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Picked up a half gallon bag feud this morning on my walk at the park. I love when they're all over the parking lot.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishinjohn

« Reply #48 on: Apr 20, 2019, 07:23 PM »
My little guy (9 years old) asked if we were picking again tonight.. i told him I wasnt going to.. he aksed if he could go out by himself.. told him for sure he could!!!! So hes gonna pick tonight by himself

Mac Attack

« Reply #49 on: Apr 20, 2019, 07:39 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #50 on: Apr 20, 2019, 09:12 PM »
Picked up a half gallon bag feud this morning on my walk at the park. I love when they're all over the parking lot.

Rg

Nice Bob. They were all over the Golf Course Greens today also. Forgot my worm box though.
One Bucket Mike

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #51 on: Apr 20, 2019, 09:43 PM »
tonight is a good picking night
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bbfrogger

« Reply #52 on: Apr 21, 2019, 07:24 AM »
tonight is a good picking night

I thought it was going to be at my house too but the previous night was better for some reason - it was nice and warm too, but really windy, maybe that was why.  Only picked 3 dozen or so.  About 60 % of the worms I got were all locked up mating though - first ones I saw doing that this year.  Almost felt guilty interrupting them.  ALMOST.  LOL

fishinjohn

« Reply #53 on: Apr 21, 2019, 10:37 AM »
I thought it was going to be at my house too but the previous night was better for some reason - it was nice and warm too, but really windy, maybe that was why.  Only picked 3 dozen or so.  About 60 % of the worms I got were all locked up mating though - first ones I saw doing that this year.  Almost felt guilty interrupting them.  ALMOST.  LOL
Same here frogger.. the boy only got 2 doz last night and there was less out.. it definitely was a cooler night and I'm sure that had an effect in them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.