FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2019 opener ( Fill in the blank )  (Read 23106 times)

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
Re: 2019 opener ( Fill in the blank )
« Reply #120 on: Apr 18, 2019, 01:14 PM »
As far as I know and for all of the miles I put down over the last 5 years, there arent any fiddleheads in Rhode Island. This is coming from an avid fisherman, hunter and extreme mushroom hunter. I still have a gut feeling that they do exist somewhere here but from everything that I gather, up north in NH and ME is where to be. With that said, I would be willing to trade some goods with someone if they have "extra" fiddleheads and shipping is on me both ways. Same goes for ramps, cannot find those either and its ticking me off LOL.

There is a bunch in CT & Mass. Picked a bunch down there when I grew up there.  I'll bet the boat there are some in RI. Doubt they would survive shipping. I'll trade some fiddleheads for magic mushrooms.  ;D

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #121 on: Apr 18, 2019, 01:33 PM »
There is a bunch in CT & Mass. Picked a bunch down there when I grew up there.  I'll bet the boat there are some in RI. Doubt they would survive shipping. I'll trade some fiddleheads for magic mushrooms.  ;D

I have actually traded with a few guys on here already, its a great way to enjoy things that are not local. The key is blanching and freezing them. Sorry but I am not into the magic shrooms, I do pick 30 plus species of edibles though.
Wicked Wec

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #122 on: Apr 18, 2019, 04:24 PM »
I have actually traded with a few guys on here already, its a great way to enjoy things that are not local. The key is blanching and freezing them. Sorry but I am not into the magic shrooms, I do pick 30 plus species of edibles though.

Just joking about the magic mushrooms. I'm going to look for a post I did about fiddleheads a few years back. I'll bump it if I can find it.

skinnywater

« Reply #123 on: Apr 19, 2019, 10:27 AM »
Anybody going out Saturday?
greenshack on shanty

Roccus

« Reply #124 on: Apr 19, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Anybody going out Saturday?

i'm going to drift a few salmon eggs early, in the local river, hopefully the little cherubs on vacation haven't cleaned em out...

skinnywater

« Reply #125 on: Apr 19, 2019, 11:38 AM »
i'm going to drift a few salmon eggs early, in the local river, hopefully the little cherubs on vacation haven't cleaned em out...

I want to do Winni, looks wet and windy.  I've been itching to go, so probably man up and go.
greenshack on shanty

Roccus

« Reply #126 on: Apr 22, 2019, 08:33 AM »
I want to do Winni, looks wet and windy.  I've been itching to go, so probably man up and go.

well did ya go... curious minds want to know ;D.. fished the local steam, plenty of stocked brookies and rainbows, mepps spinners, worms , salmon eggs all did the job... those Massachusetts stocked trout pale in comparison to NH winter over fish.. I miss ice fishing already... cant wait for the stripers to get here, had enough of this stocked trout fishing already.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #127 on: Apr 22, 2019, 02:50 PM »
well did ya go... curious minds want to know ;D.. fished the local steam, plenty of stocked brookies and rainbows, mepps spinners, worms , salmon eggs all did the job... those Massachusetts stocked trout pale in comparison to NH winter over fish.. I miss ice fishing already... cant wait for the stripers to get here, had enough of this stocked trout fishing already.

I am with you Joe. Spoons, worms, eggs, fly all produced but it can only go so far. It was a nice change of pace to do a few bass tourneys and place on top especially since I was not targeting Smallies :)

The tides are changing and the black fish are moving in. Soon, so will the big bass and flat fish.
Wicked Wec

Roccus

« Reply #128 on: Apr 23, 2019, 06:15 AM »
I am with you Joe. Spoons, worms, eggs, fly all produced but it can only go so far. It was a nice change of pace to do a few bass tourneys and place on top especially since I was not targeting Smallies :)

The tides are changing and the black fish are moving in. Soon, so will the big bass and flat fish.

Haddock Saturday for me if the ocean lays down..not looking good though, so I may make a trip to winni..

AquaAssassin

« Reply #129 on: Apr 29, 2019, 05:42 PM »
Took a few casts on the way home from work to no avail. Water is still ripping. Opening day for turkey so I said why not grabbed a call and the Vinci and went further in lol good day feels amazing to hunt again after being on the sidelines a year

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

zwiggles

« Reply #130 on: Apr 29, 2019, 05:58 PM »
Nice looking bird!

Must feel nice being out in the woods again too. I bet the turkeys aren’t the only woodland creature that are upset with your return from the sidelines

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #131 on: Apr 29, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Congratulations Frank....   :clapping: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #132 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Well done Frank, congrats

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #133 on: Apr 29, 2019, 08:05 PM »
Looks good, Frank!
I knew you wouldn't miss a beat...  ;)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #134 on: Apr 29, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Nice work Frank. Looks like a chunk gone from that head. Either a 30 yrd or closer shot or #4's or 5's in a 3". Yummy!  Brine n' dine.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.