FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Did some scouting this morning...  (Read 8711 times)

DIW

Re: Did some scouting this morning...
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:43 AM »
DIW. I dont think the pvc docks were there when I went by on Saturday, I would imagine you could launch without them being there.

Thank you for the reply.  The only reason I ask is, being a reservoir, they are pretty strict there regarding water contact.  I'll need to be sure to bring my knee high rubber boots.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Yup, as a few of you mentioned, I should have had it stiched but once I was home and half dazed driving to the er just wasn't in the cards and honestly I don't care about the scar, just another story in my life.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words on the weight loss...
Jethro... what made me buckle down and get it together was seeing 301 on the scale on my 42nd birthday, I'm on a track right now to be able to pull off retiring at 50 and want to be able to do all the things  I enjoy like camping fishing 4 wheeling and things like that we're getting tougher as I got heavier... basically I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I went through my kitchen and gathered up everything with sugar or salt and brought it to the food pantry, on my way home I picked up an elliptical and got to it. Going low carb and full keto at times is what worked best for me. All the work is well worth the reward guys, if need to lighten up some get to it, you'll be glad you did.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:40 AM »
Yup, as a few of you mentioned, I should have had it stiched but once I was home and half dazed driving to the er just wasn't in the cards and honestly I don't care about the scar, just another story in my life.

Jethro... what made me buckle down and get it together was seeing 301 on the scale on my 42nd birthday, I'm on a track right now to be able to pull off retiring at 50 and want to be able to do all the things  I enjoy like camping fishing 4 wheeling and things like that we're getting tougher as I got heavier... basically I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I went through my kitchen and gathered up everything with sugar or salt and brought it to the food pantry, on my way home I picked up an elliptical and got to it. Going low carb and full keto at times is what worked best for me. All the work is well worth the reward guys, if need to lighten up some get to it, you'll be glad you did.

Did you give up beer?

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Did you give up beer?

Never been a beer guy... bourbon was my drink of choice but I've off the liquor for 15 years now... But I know what your getting at and alcohol in any form is converted to sugar by the body and makes shedding pounds difficult. I'm a coffee guy, always have a mug going just now instead of cream and sugar it's sweet and low with low fat half and half...
As for "unwinding" at the end of the day... I've been know to smoke a little something here and there lol...

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Never been a beer guy... bourbon was my drink of choice but I've off the liquor for 15 years now... But I know what your getting at and alcohol in any form is converted to sugar by the body and makes shedding pounds difficult. I'm a coffee guy, always have a mug going just now instead of cream and sugar it's sweet and low with low fat half and half...
As for "unwinding" at the end of the day... I've been know to smoke a little something here and there lol...

Rough to give up the suds. Tried the smoke when I was younger just never inhaled.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2019, 12:27 PM »
Tried the smoke when I was younger just never inhaled.
Trying to relate to Monica's BFF, Denny?  :rotflol:

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2019, 12:45 PM »

:rotflol: :clapping:

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2019, 12:55 PM »

Lol... he may not have inhaled, but I here ole Billy knew how to properly prep a cigar...

TheCrittaC

« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Lol... he may not have inhaled, but I here ole Billy knew how to properly prep a cigar...
:rotflol: :rotflol:

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2019, 02:56 PM »

That isn't having sex. Cigars are exempt.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Lmfao
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:30 PM »

Man, retiring at 50, losing all that weight, congrats, sounds like you are treating yourself right all around. I'm turning 48 this summer and I keep telling myself not to turn 50 being this heavy. I'm about 5'-9" and 260, it's not good. Doctor kids around with me saying "you trying to give yourself heart disease?" Of course a little truth behind every joke. I was fairly fit until about 32 I'd say, used to be huge into cycling but when I moved to NH life took a different turn. I'm just having trouble with the motivation aspect, but I'm getting there! I also got the added problem that I like beer AND I like bourbon!

Art 53

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Congrats on all the life changes  But Jessabelle that's the best name ever

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #28 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Man, retiring at 50, losing all that weight, congrats, sounds like you are treating yourself right all around. I'm turning 48 this summer and I keep telling myself not to turn 50 being this heavy. I'm about 5'-9" and 260, it's not good. Doctor kids around with me saying "you trying to give yourself heart disease?" Of course a little truth behind every joke. I was fairly fit until about 32 I'd say, used to be huge into cycling but when I moved to NH life took a different turn. I'm just having trouble with the motivation aspect, but I'm getting there! I also got the added problem that I like beer AND I like bourbon!

Jethro you sound like a mini-me except I am 6'-0" and 65. Lost 20 lbs since I retired 9/17 just sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day was killing me.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Jethro you sound like a mini-me except I am 6'-0" and 65. Lost 20 lbs since I retired 9/17 just sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day was killing me.

Right, that's exactly my problem, desk job. When I was in the field it wasn't bad, but now I'm a keyboard jockey.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.