FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusetts Res  (Read 5642 times)

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
Wachusetts Res
« on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Any word if it opens this saturday 4/6/19........Thanks.

maxma

Re: Wachusetts Res
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:27 AM »
https://www.mass.gov/service-details/wachusett-and-sudbury-reservoir-fishing-information

there you go. the banner on the top of the page. April 6 it is.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Only ice I saw on it Sunday was the cove at gate 6. got to imagine with the wind even that ice is gone now. Water height is going to be a real issue.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Only ice I saw on it Sunday was the cove at gate 6. got to imagine with the wind even that ice is gone now. Water height is going to be a real issue.

It's a shame that you can't wade there.  There's a couple of big reservoirs out west where they target huge lake strain cutthroat trout and they even bring ladders to stand on so they can get out deeper and cast further.  It would be amazing if they'd allow that at the Chu.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

CMD1987

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:27 PM »
It's a shame that you can't wade there.  There's a couple of big reservoirs out west where they target huge lake strain cutthroat trout and they even bring ladders to stand on so they can get out deeper and cast further.  It would be amazing if they'd allow that at the Chu.

I don’t think that would make a huge difference at Wachusett - boats would be a game changer - but it’s fine as it is

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:42 PM »
I'm ready to do battle Saturday

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2019, 03:13 PM »
I just wish they would have the same system they have for Quabbin for fishing at night... More eyes to protect the water...

ICEHOLE

« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Is the water really high? I figured it would be but someone told me it wasnt bad
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

CMD1987

« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Is the water really high? I figured it would be but someone told me it wasnt bad

People always freak out about “high” water, which I’ve only encountered once in a decade - it’s only slightly above average right now

CMD1987

« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2019, 08:45 AM »
On second thought - the water is so high that I would wait a couple weeks to fish it...

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2019, 05:51 PM »
It's the same height it has been the last couple of years

Eastciderida

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2019, 04:57 AM »
I always like the “ohh it’s gonna be crowded” sure if you always fish the easy access spots plenty of other spots to fish where you want see anyone all day. Last year end of season I was fishing a real shallow spot when everyone else was fishing a busy shoreline.   They watched as I was catching all morning

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Camping out in the truck at the gate tonight. Got some pondies ready to be soaked

CMD1987

« Reply #13 on: Apr 05, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Camping out in the truck at the gate tonight. Got some pondies ready to be soaked

Lol. Just as well to sleep at home until 4 am. It’s a shotgun start at 5:19 lol. I’ll be there at dawn also. Good luck everyone!

CMD1987

« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2019, 09:23 AM »
I always like the “ohh it’s gonna be crowded” sure if you always fish the easy access spots plenty of other spots to fish where you want see anyone all day. Last year end of season I was fishing a real shallow spot when everyone else was fishing a busy shoreline.   They watched as I was catching all morning

Some of the biggest lakers this time of year are taken in skinny water. Leave the deep water for warmer weather

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.