FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusetts Res  (Read 5644 times)

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
Re: Wachusetts Res
« Reply #30 on: Apr 08, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Jeff it certainly is worth the walk not for the lazy guys but we'll worth the effort ... great morning ...lots of fish loons singing ...swans flying by doesn't get any better than that 👍
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

manitron

« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Any over unders on bait vs metal?

We used bait but Matt and Bob  tried a lure for a while with no luck.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2019, 09:34 PM »
Jeff it certainly is worth the walk not for the lazy guys but we'll worth the effort ... great morning ...lots of fish loons singing ...swans flying by doesn't get any better than that 👍
I missed the opener this year. Was in your neighborhood at the speedway for the weekend IceBreaker.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2019, 04:41 AM »
I caught 4 on shiners and the. Rest came. From metal. ...AA yes the ice breaker how was it .... Jeff
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2019, 08:11 AM »
are you keeping the rats, throwing them in the woods? there are so many rats because there are so many rats. years ago a game warden said throw them in the woods.
burp
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

ICEHOLE

« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2019, 09:28 AM »
are you keeping the rats, throwing them in the woods? there are so many rats because there are so many rats. years ago a game warden said throw them in the woods.
burp
Let all the rats go, one didn't make it. Eagle was happy about it
I think they need to consider a cull there tho.
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #36 on: Apr 09, 2019, 01:13 PM »
A year or two of ice fishing that place would take care of the rat problem  Lenz... :tipup: :tipup:

CMD1987

« Reply #37 on: Apr 09, 2019, 01:29 PM »
burp

Shore fishing for lake trout I think rats are just the norm - but double-digit lakers caught every year also

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2019, 07:58 AM »
A year or two of ice fishing that place would take care of the rat problem  Lenz... :tipup: :tipup:
i would pay $$$ to ice fish that place.
burp
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

CMD1987

« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2019, 01:57 PM »
i would pay $$$ to ice fish that place.
burp

Jigging for lakers in front of the dam. Should be 25-30 pounders down there... growing old, never seen a fishing hook

Fisherman2401

« Reply #40 on: Apr 13, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Shore fishing for lake trout I think rats are just the norm - but double-digit lakers caught every year also

Shore fishing has nothing to do with it. Shore fish Quabbin and you will never see the rat lakers like wachusett. It’s a forage problem.

CMD1987

« Reply #41 on: Apr 13, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Shore fishing has nothing to do with it. Shore fish Quabbin and you will never see the rat lakers like wachusett. It’s a forage problem.

Nah - I don’t think that’s correct - they are all plump this year - in the same water as trophy smallmouth and world record white perch - Lakers are scavengers and there is no shortage of yellow perch and banded killifish in there.

Again - I think that’s wrong - there are too many of them, but they have plenty to eat

CMD1987

« Reply #42 on: Apr 13, 2019, 02:30 PM »

This is what they look like in lean forage years (which does happen, just not currently):

CMD1987

« Reply #43 on: Apr 13, 2019, 02:33 PM »
And for those who lament the loss of the smelt, found them washed up in the same spot I do every year, after more successful breeding - are the smelt hurting, probably, are they gone, no

CMD1987

« Reply #44 on: Apr 13, 2019, 05:40 PM »
One of this years well-fed chunkers:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.