FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wolfboro boat launch  (Read 5047 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Wolfboro boat launch
« on: Apr 08, 2019, 04:11 PM »
Hey all,

Just wondering if there is anyone familiar with the boat launch in Wolfboro located next to the Jet ski rental place (railroad ave). If so, any idea if i can launch my bass boat there and head into lake winni under the Main St bridge? Ill be there in June for a few days looking to catch some fish and this ramp is only a 5 minute car ride from where I will be staying. Any info would be great!
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Wolfboro boat launch
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Also, I am not familiar with this part of the lake and was wondering how the fishing is in general. Smallmouth or largemouth would be the target and panfish would be a bonus. I will be staying on the water in south wolfboro bay so there may be a possibility to catch a trout from the dock as well.
Wicked Wec

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:45 PM »
Yes no problem ..we launch our tourneys there all the time..
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Busy part of the lake but depending on how early in June they will be spawing bass but most will be in post spawn..plenty of cool islands right outside the bay and winter harbor can be good as well and it’s not to far..when you get close to your trip let me know I’ll send you some good areas but it shouldn’t be to hard to catch them..late afternoon trips with top water can be awesome
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

bikrsrule

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Keep in mind that Lake Wentworth is just up the road, (google it) awsome smallies in there too...

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2019, 09:45 PM »
I'd compare notes with Jibbs on the height of your boat above waterline!
In June, the water's apt to be high and there's not a lot of clearance under that bridge.
Also, trailer parking (used to be) way out back in that lot.
Not sure (anymore) how well it's marked?

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2019, 04:11 AM »
I'd compare notes with Jibbs on the height of your boat above waterline!
In June, the water's apt to be high and there's not a lot of clearance under that bridge.
Also, trailer parking (used to be) way out back in that lot.
Not sure (anymore) how well it's marked?
every once in awhile you have to take out your front post seat..if you can’t fit which I doubt there’s a launch right across the street next to the same bridge..the parking lot is in the back ..it’s brand new but they did a crap job..put islands in with trees which makes turning and backing tough ..however we get get 12 boat trailers in there easy..wentworth is a cool place..for me I would rather go to crescent Nd wentworth over winni..mirror up the street is fun too

Johnnh

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:15 AM »
The comment by Jibbs brings back the memory of determination.
Back in the late 90s, I was pre-fishing for the Charlie Moore tournament that was held out of Wolfboro back bay.
Due to extremely high water, the entire lake was no wake. I decided to break up the lake over a few dats by launching at Silver Sands, Merideth,  States Landing, Ames Farm and the last one was Wolfboro.
I had to take my front and rear seats down, remove my windshields, lower my outboard (power jackplate) and lower my trolling motor all the way. Even with all of that, I had to lay down on the deck and control my trolling motor by hand to get under the bridge. I had a Ranger 519 back then.

Even with all of that, it was still saved time since it would take hours to get to my fishing spots in that section of the lake at no wake 6mph.

Thankfully the water level dropped and the lake wide no wake was cancelled a couple of days before the tournament.

John

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Great info guys so thank you. I am up there the week of june 15th and I have a triton Tr 165. My plan is to launch the boat out of wolfboro and then dock it where i am staying until the morning that we leave. This way i can wake up and just go fish without trailering. When I launch the wife will just take the truck and trailer back to where we are staying so I dont have to worry about parking. With all of that said, maybe ill fish a different lake the first day up there and then launch on winni the next.
Wicked Wec

jibbs

« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2019, 09:50 AM »
The comment by Jibbs brings back the memory of determination.
Back in the late 90s, I was pre-fishing for the Charlie Moore tournament that was held out of Wolfboro back bay.
Due to extremely high water, the entire lake was no wake. I decided to break up the lake over a few dats by launching at Silver Sands, Merideth,  States Landing, Ames Farm and the last one was Wolfboro.
I had to take my front and rear seats down, remove my windshields, lower my outboard (power jackplate) and lower my trolling motor all the way. Even with all of that, I had to lay down on the deck and control my trolling motor by hand to get under the bridge. I had a Ranger 519 back then.

Even with all of that, it was still saved time since it would take hours to get to my fishing spots in that section of the lake at no wake 6mph.

Thankfully the water level dropped and the lake wide no wake was cancelled a couple of days before the tournament.

John
I use to do that on crystal lake in Gilmanton..i would go under the bridge there and have to take off the windshield...once you got back there the bass were waiting...

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Sounds like trying to get under the train tracks on Bennington bog or Powdermill pond, whatever they're calling it now... I never pull stuff off to get low though, just dig the Mercury as low as she gets and then take on water, it doesn't take too much ballast to get 6" deeper in the water. Well worth the effort to get to those smallies...

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Sounds like trying to get under the train tracks on Bennington bog or Powdermill pond, whatever they're calling it now... I never pull stuff off to get low though, just dig the Mercury as low as she gets and then take on water, it doesn't take too much ballast to get 6" deeper in the water. Well worth the effort to get to those smallies...

So just fill the livewells? Or do you actually fill the bilge with water?

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2019, 11:49 AM »
So just fill the livewells? Or do you actually fill the bilge
So just fill the livewells? Or do you actually fill the bilge with water?

I fill the bilge... I put a valve on my drain plug which tees off to a secondary pump so I can either let water into the bilge or drain it as well as having a line with pressurised lake water if need be. Works great for washing fish slime or blood off... great to have when out camping.too.

Johnnh

« Reply #13 on: Apr 09, 2019, 12:00 PM »

We did that to get under Deer Neck bridge on Massabesic once, I had 2 pumps on the ranger 519 so once we got under the bridge and pumped enough to move slowly, the fishing between the bridge and boundry markers was worth it.

Just filling the live wells wasn't enough

jibbs

« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2019, 02:11 PM »
got stuck under that bridge the first day with my new boat..why I went there first I have no idea..cowling is still shot from that mess up..my best move was jumping a beaver hut with my buddy mikes tracker to get into cooks pond in Madison during a tourney..brought it back with no prop..haha..of course I fixed it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.