FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wolfboro boat launch  (Read 5024 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: Wolfboro boat launch
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2019, 02:48 PM »
got stuck under that bridge the first day with my new boat..why I went there first I have no idea..cowling is still shot from that mess up..my best move was jumping a beaver hut with my buddy mikes tracker to get into cooks pond in Madison during a tourney..brought it back with no prop..haha..of course I fixed it

It is a fairly quiet nice ramp to practice on with a new rig, the tracks probably not so good to practice on with a new rig haha...
I've still got my trusty "mudhumper" for getting extra crazy with, though I've never jumped a beaver hut lol... I've got it so stripped down that even with the 25hp on the back two dudes can carry it off the trailer and dump it in the water or portage it over dams. No boat ramp needed.

Johnnh

« Reply #16 on: Apr 10, 2019, 05:59 AM »
A couple of guys jumped a beaver den with a bass boat up on the 3rd Danforths on Ossipee. We ended up making that stretch off limits during tournaments.  I bet that was an interesting ride.

jibbs

« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2019, 06:33 AM »
A couple of guys jumped a beaver den with a bass boat up on the 3rd Danforths on Ossipee. We ended up making that stretch off limits during tournaments.  I bet that was an interesting ride.
its too crazy for me...cooks is now off limits as well...I say jump but it was more like nail it and get stuck on top...then push yourself over with push poles...ended up winning that tournament but it took about 90 minutes to get through that dam...never again even if it was legal..
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Johnnh

« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2019, 07:40 AM »
Boys and our toys
Looking back and justify intentionaly running a $50,000 or $60,000 Bass boat over a beaver dam, brush pile, downed trees, stumpfield, sandbar or any other obsticle to target those fish that we hope are there is mind boggling.

Over the years I put my boats (Rangers & Skeeters) in some strange places.  In those days we probably didn't think about hull damage, prop damage, etc. It was all about that spot that put us on the leader board.

I often look back to those on shore conversations with all of the guys and girls that admitted to pressing their luck that day on the water.
In my senior chapter all I can say is "It was a hell of a ride".

I don't have a bass boat any more and typica)y fish out of a 14` aluminum or a kayak. I don't get there fast, but I still enjoy making the fish nervous.
John

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2019, 10:38 AM »
I fill the bilge... I put a valve on my drain plug which tees off to a secondary pump so I can either let water into the bilge or drain it as well as having a line with pressurised lake water if need be. Works great for washing fish slime or blood off... great to have when out camping.too.

I've been wondering how I could do a washdown pump somewhere. I like that idea!

Roccus

« Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2019, 11:21 AM »
I've been wondering how I could do a washdown pump somewhere. I like that idea!
You can mount one out of the  way on the transom,  especially since you don't deal with salt water, I had mine mounted for years on the far outer port side, I had a simple pick up tube and hose mounted out a scupper hole, lacking that, you can tee off your live well intake,my wash down.pump now resides under the console,the intake still comes off my bait well pump via a through hull fitting

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Boys and our toys
Looking back and justify intentionaly running a $50,000 or $60,000 Bass boat over a beaver dam, brush pile, downed trees, stumpfield, sandbar or any other obsticle to target those fish that we hope are there is mind boggling.

Over the years I put my boats (Rangers & Skeeters) in some strange places.  In those days we probably didn't think about hull damage, prop damage, etc. It was all about that spot that put us on the leader board.

I often look back to those on shore conversations with all of the guys and girls that admitted to pressing their luck that day on the water.
In my senior chapter all I can say is "It was a hell of a ride".

I don't have a bass boat any more and typica)y fish out of a 14` aluminum or a kayak. I don't get there fast, but I still enjoy making the fish nervous.
John

Ain't that the truth... I've always been good to my high dollar boats but race cars... that's another story, if I had back all the cash that I've scattered on the pavement at New England dragway, I'd have that 2nd home in the mountains... sold the last one a couple years ago, I miss the action but my wallet is much happier.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #22 on: Apr 10, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Ain't that the truth... I've always been good to my high dollar boats but race cars... that's another story, if I had back all the cash that I've scattered on the pavement at New England dragway, I'd have that 2nd home in the mountains... sold the last one a couple years ago, I miss the action but my wallet is much happier.

Sometimes blowing some $$ is what keeps us going. If I didn't shoot clays, own a fleet of boats, or have all the fishing gear in the world I would have 3 houses by now. No regrets its what I love to do just like many folks on here with the same passions. Fish keep me alive mentally and physically.
Wicked Wec

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #23 on: Apr 10, 2019, 03:16 PM »
Sometimes blowing some $$ is what keeps us going. If I didn't shoot clays, own a fleet of boats, or have all the fishing gear in the world I would have 3 houses by now. No regrets its what I love to do just like many folks on here with the same passions. Fish keep me alive mentally and physically.

I agree with most of that but it's tough not to regret spending 15 grand at the machine shop on a big block chevy on a Friday and throwing the rods through the side of the block on Sunday...  it's a good thing fishing gear doesn't self destruct when you push it lol.

Art 53

« Reply #24 on: Apr 10, 2019, 04:55 PM »
Jibbs I still fish Cooks now and again some big unmolested bass in there

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #25 on: Apr 10, 2019, 07:17 PM »
I agree with most of that but it's tough not to regret spending 15 grand at the machine shop on a big block chevy on a Friday and throwing the rods through the side of the block on Sunday...  it's a good thing fishing gear doesn't self destruct when you push it lol.
OUCH   :(
Stealth, I owned a farm on 27, across 125, from NED.
I got to hear you boys, every time you played over there.  ;)
Now, I'm just a few miles from Lee Drag way as the crow flies.
Jus sayin.... :whistling:

jibbs

« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2019, 03:13 AM »
Jibbs I still fish Cooks now and again some big unmolested bass in there
awesome..it’s been years..wanted to ice fish it this year but it just didn’t make the rotation
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Roccus

« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2019, 07:35 AM »

I not sure if that applies, my playground eats at least 1 boat a year , it's almost got me a few times, we don't jump beaver dams, but when an outgoing tide, meets any wind from the east,especially north east, bad things happen..moon tides have a way of hiding the jetties,  every year at last a few booze cruises gone bad reconfigure the bottom of their boats.

BTW... been there on blowing up a new motor, more than once,mine were small block.mopars, my only salvation  is I did the machine work..I don't miss that lifestyle at all, it's been along time.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2019, 09:27 AM »
OUCH   :(
Stealth, I owned a farm on 27, across 125, from NED.
I got to hear you boys, every time you played over there.  ;)
Now, I'm just a few miles from Lee Drag way as the crow flies.
Jus sayin.... :whistling:

Well, let me apologize for keeping you up or scaring your critters lol... I was there every Saturday night from 2005 to around 2015... Never been to Lee raceway, but it sounds like a dual purpose trip might be in order this summer.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2019, 09:41 AM »
if I had back all the cash that I've scattered on the pavement at New England dragway,

Wow, I bet we crossed paths at some point. I spent quite a few Wed and Fri nights there with my motorcycles when I was into that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.