FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kankakee River  (Read 1254 times)

Tim Bur

Kankakee River
« on: Apr 09, 2019, 02:53 AM »
Sunday beautiful  sun n cloud rain 70,ish 41 bridge ditch full of pike in the swamped out trees. 2 to three feet. No biters on a bobber and roach. 8 lb power pro 50 lb mono leader , and 14 lb fireline crystal, same leader.Should of tried slip sinker and roach maybe. What's some good methods. Lots of stickups. Was getting a panfish bite but 15 min after I got there I spotted the pike. Maybe they were too busy doing the happy dance. 7 or 8. Bet I could have had a few nice gill if I  stayed on them. If I got out earlier, would have liked to tried the north side hunting area with the 6ft wide bridge if its still holding up.
Hope you enjoy the report. Variety wise .LaSalle is a great area to fish. Can't beat black oak for night time bass. pree weed up. 41 and the horse shoe bend great gill spots. Not enough trips to the great marsh or kingsbury yet.

bigr

Re: Kankakee River
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:23 AM »
Good report Tim. Sounds like you have a good eye for what's going on around you. Makes you a better fisherman and a more enjoyable outdoor experience.

Tim Bur

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Thanks Big R. I enjoy others reports and like to give back

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2019, 03:01 PM »
Great report.  I have never fished the Kankakee, sure sounds like fun

Tim Bur

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2019, 01:46 PM »
I've never fished east of Lake of the Woods. It's a bit far for you Tater. What's biting out your way.

tater140

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2019, 07:02 PM »
I havent been out much here locally.  Work has been crazy, and I just got back from spring break with the family.  I did make it to erie about 3 weeks ago and we caught a few eyes.  Over spring break I caught some Spanish Mackeral off of a pier in the gulf.  Another day down there we took a head boat out and did some bottom fishing. We caught some nice red snapper (out of season), and quite a few vermillion snappers.  the vermillions ate really well and didn't last long on taco night. 
I'm hoping to get out around here soon and see what I can catch... Just a matter of finding the right time between my kids activities, and other commitments.  If I can get out I will try and post up a report.

Tim Bur

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2019, 12:43 AM »
Always wanted to try a throw net and surf fishing. at least your getting a line wet when and where you can Tater.
Happy Trails

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.