FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Prairie Creek?  (Read 1937 times)

RobertFitz

Prairie Creek?
« on: Apr 16, 2019, 08:34 AM »
So with a promise to myself(and the lady and kids) I was going to try for more eyes this year. If anyone remembers my 12 incher from iceshanty, that was the first one I ever caught. After taking the family to Bartonias in Union City for the all you can eat walleye they have been wanting me to make some at home. Friday seems to be the only day I'll make it out but what I'm wondering if anyone on here has been doing good lately from the bank? I have a 14' with trolling motor(10hp needs worked on) so it will be trolling speeds for me which I'm fine with, just dont want to launch and load by myself if buddy doesn't go. Not asking for hotspots or baits because I'm happy with doing research myself(more rewarding anyways), just a little insight is all on the possibility bank fishing being successful.

bigr

Re: Prairie Creek?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2019, 08:46 AM »
There has been some eyes taking from below the missy dam. You'll have to be patient and not expect a limit.

RobertFitz

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Thanks bigr. Usually I fish Missi and Sali for crappie, and summit for gills. Knew you could catch them below the dam but totally spaced on it. After 3 kids and the youngest being 2 I'm sure I got patience for some fish lol. It's about a hour and 1/2 hour drive from me so might have to head that way.

lovetfish

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2019, 09:33 AM »
There is quite a few places to bank fish this time of year at Prairie creek trolling crankbaits such a flicker shads works well as well as nightcrawler harnesses except the yellow bass loves nightcrawlers cost $10 to launch a boat and $5 to bank.  bank fishing by the campground either side of channel or the bridges may be good

RobertFitz

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully will be taking buddies boat out Friday during that wind and colder air and see what I can fish up. I've been a few times just never targeted eyes at all so hopefully with my helix unit and navionics I'll be able to find them

RoeBoat

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2019, 09:29 PM »
I heard they have been doing very good along the banks with jigs with minnows. I'm not sure what the bank access is like.  Lots of eyes in there.

RobertFitz

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2019, 04:48 AM »
From what my buddy at work said the bait shop is borded up right there, which is unfortunate. He usually pulls a few out during this time before he heads up north on a charter and has a lot of experience on PC so been asking him questions too. Thanks for the heads up on jigs and minnows, I didn't think of that.

lovetfish

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2019, 10:19 AM »
That's what I heard also there is a bait store in Parker city name is Ludco's and lighthouse bait and tackle in Muncie on Memorial drive

INboat

« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2019, 11:31 AM »
RobertFitz I sent you a PM did you get it?

RobertFitz

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Yes I did, sorry for the late reply. I do more posting while fishing or at work than I do at home. Young kids will do that haha. Went out today and banked fished for a few hours and only caught one. Didn't come with worms but did find one on the road that I "saved" from getting ran over and put it on a hook and caught the white bass. My work buddy went out and launched at 1030/11 am and was off the water about 1. 2 man limit of walleye between him and another on the boat. Drifting and I guess they hit. Either way wasn't to bad, tried throwing new things and got out.

Bonus pics of a few other things I found just messing around waiting on my float.

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2019, 11:33 AM »
What kind of snake is that?

RoeBoat

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Looks like a banded water snake

RobertFitz

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Yeah I didn't mess with it. Moved rocks looking for some worms and seen it. Took the pick and slowly dropped it back down. Haven't done that sin e I was a kid lol. Hopefully my kids soon will be able to spend time outside and start looking under stuff for bugs/lizards. Plus, they can get me some night crawlers lol

lovetfish

« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:10 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.