FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just double checking regarding Minnehonk Lake  (Read 1305 times)

taxid

Just double checking regarding Minnehonk Lake
« on: Apr 17, 2019, 01:33 PM »
I'm coming on vaca from out of state and staying in a cottage with pier on Minnehonk Lake.

I've decided to bring my small 14 1/2 foot allumiunum boat along with my kayak. As far as I can tell my 8 hp. outboard (4 cycle) will be O.K.? I didn't see Minnehonk listed for an motor restrictions but maybe something local?

I'm pretty sure I need one of those lake and river enhancement stickers for the boat but not the kayak?

I'll be steam cleaning the boat before coming, but it hasn't been used since last fall and been sitting dry in a garage.

Thanks!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

BigCort

Re: Just double checking regarding Minnehonk Lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:08 PM »
You will be good with your boat and  Mini has a nice ramp, you should by your fishing license online before you come

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2019, 08:08 PM »
You will be good with your boat and  Mini has a nice ramp, you should by your fishing license online before you come

I'll get the license and the sticker online before I come. Learned my lesson on my last trip to Massachusetts. Drove all over trying to find a place to buy it. Only place was a Walmart a good drive away.  No bait stores anymore!

BTW I'm impressed with Maine's fishing regulations. Limits are quite conservative which I prefer. And many lakes don't allow PWC. Yes! I hate those things!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

BigCort

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2019, 06:23 PM »
I case you missed it no unpainted lead jigheads and sinkers

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Thanks! I saw that.

It's supposed to be that way in Mass but the locals I talked to didn't seem to know or care. And I had to get the lead substitutes from Cabelas. Tungsten or Bismuth sinkers weren't available locally. Certainly not at a Walmart I shopped at because bait and tackle stores were pretty much nonexistent in the area I was at. I hate Walmart but pretty much had no choice down there.

seamonkey84

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 03:43 PM »

BTW I'm impressed with Maine's fishing regulations. Limits are quite conservative which I prefer. And many lakes don't allow PWC. Yes! I hate those things!

Yea, the limits we do have are conservative, and there are waters with further reduced limits or different size requirements. Though there are a few places have increased limits and different size requirements to reduce population! But I’m sure you noticed, the limit on bass is only in the souther half of the state as they are actually invasive here   :o and there is no limits to any panfish.  Crappie and pike are both invasive species too, so don’t feel like your being greedy frying up as many as you want on your trip.
Also, A law that’s a bit different than most states, No use of a live well or live stringer. anything you’re not going to release immediately has to be killed immediately.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 09:10 PM »

Also, A law that’s a bit different than most states, No use of a live well or live stringer. anything you’re not going to release immediately has to be killed immediately.

That's fine with me. An angler once told me about how he crammed a bunch of sunfish in a fishing basket and after a few hours decided he didn't want to clean them and released them.  I'm pretty confindent that if those fish seemed alive when he released them they were still doomed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.