FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thompson Lake.....ice out  (Read 3617 times)

pennreels

Thompson Lake.....ice out
« on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:20 PM »
drove by the other day, still pretty iced over.  When do you think ice out will be???????/

Tom

marten

Re: Thompson Lake.....ice out
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:15 PM »
about three weeks if no rain a good rain is what it needs now

Left Handed Model

• I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:59 PM »
That's on the way for a little bit Saturday....  Melt that ice, we don't need it anymore come Friday night 11:59...
Mike aka: Lefty, the Yellow Pole Guy..GO TEAM MAINE!!
"Do unto others, as you would have done to you"

smeltshack

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:06 PM »
On the oxford end there is a lot of open water, however i didnt actually drive down to the boat launch to see if it was clear around it. I was up on a high road looking down and could see a lot of open water. I wonder if the salmon hit up on that end?

smeltshack

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:48 PM »
I stopped by the boat launch at Pismo Beach and its wide open. There is about 500 yards of open water there. Good enough for a small boat to troll around in.  Watch all those stumps though its a loaded mine field on that end.

cdc

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2006, 03:33 PM »
With the temps in the upper 50's on Thursday and high 60's lows 70's on Friday  the ice should go by this weekend...
Lets hope ??? ???

GrandLaker

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:12 PM »
smeltshack, are you talking about the landing on 121 is otifield at the north end?? was it open all the way to the opposite shore then north, that is usually the first section to go

Morin88

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:28 PM »
i know the middle of the lake outside of  otisfield cove has been wide open since atleast the first of march, probably way before that too.

This picture was taken the first weekend in march, i was on the opposite shore of otisfield cove. the beginning o the cove is in the top right corner of the picture, you cant see the cove, but if your familiar with the lake you can tell where this is.

" Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up"  ~Arnold Gingrich

pennreels

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2006, 09:48 PM »
We will have our boat at Thompson Lake Marine this year.  Drove by the Poland/Casco (yes Casco) end the other day and it was still very iced over.  The middle of the lake, between the marine and the north end was wide open.  Just he north and south end were still iced over.  Bring on the wind and rain!

Tom

smeltshack

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Grand laker:    I stopped by the Pismo Beach landing off King Street in Oxford  not the 121 landing in Otisfield. I should swing by there tonight on my way home and if i do i'll let you know.

buddah

• Stick'em!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Grand laker:    I stopped by the Pismo Beach landing off King Street in Oxford  not the 121 landing in Otisfield. I should swing by there tonight on my way home and if i do i'll let you know.

That would be greatly appreciated.  :-*

smeltshack

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2006, 09:03 AM »
Sorry i didnt get a chance to swing by the 121 landing last night because it was too late when i headed home. I got our firetruck stuck in a ditch responding to a brush fire  :-[ and lets just say it took some extra time to get it out so by the time i was getting ready to head home i took the quickest route. I'll try to swing by there tonight ok.

smeltshack

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Ok so this afternoon on my way home i checked out the Route 121 Landing on Lake Thompson and the ice is still right up to the landing. Its black and mushy but its a no go for boats. Give it a week and she'll be good to go. There is open water way out, but no good way to get there short of an airboat.
Good luck to you all.

marten

« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2006, 08:48 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  SALMON FEVER   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2006, 08:52 PM »
have your buddy sit on the bow with a chisel ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor