FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tackle Storage  (Read 1353 times)

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
Tackle Storage
« on: Aug 18, 2004, 11:43 AM »
I just bought another tackle box a couple of days ago and was sitting down trying to sort and organize all of my gear when I thought it might be interesting to see how everyone deals with this issue.  I fish for many different species of freshwater fish, sometimes at the same time, so I have tackle for each.  I don't have a boat so I don't keep a tackle box there and I usually cover a lot of ground fishing instead of staying in one spot so I need to travel light and don't carry a tackle box.  I have three different fishing vests (1 for fly fishing trout, 1 for stream fishing trout with spinners or bait, and 1 for bass), two canvas creels and a bamboo one, and 4 tackle boxes that stay at home with everything else.  That's not counting all the stuff piled on my workbench or still in the Dick's, Gander Mountain or Walmart bags.

The other thing I noticed is that with all the stuff I have i seem to regularly use only about 10-20% of what I have.  I still have lures in the package that are 5 years old or more!  Maybe I should get rid of some stuff but I just can't   :-\

Oh, that doesn't even begin to address all the rods I have that haven't seen the light of day in years  ;D!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
Re: Tackle Storage
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Bobman,

I'm in the same "boat" as you are.  Only use 10-20% of way to much stuff for one man to own.  :-\  I try and organize my tackle in the Plano flip boxes.  When I know what or where I'll be fishing I just take the appropriate boxes and put them in a soft sided tackle bag and in the boat it goes.  ::)  And of course I still sneak in a box or two of stuff I know I won't use but " have to have Just in case".  Always seems I'm trying to stuff 10# of stuff in a 5# bag.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Bobman,

I'm in the same "boat" as you are.  Only use 10-20% of way to much stuff for one man to own.  :-\  I try and organize my tackle in the Plano flip boxes.  When I know what or where I'll be fishing I just take the appropriate boxes and put them in a soft sided tackle bag and in the boat it goes.  ::)  And of course I still sneak in a box or two of stuff I know I won't use but " have to have Just in case".  Always seems I'm trying to stuff 10# of stuff in a 5# bag.

Steve

Exactly what he said. I'm sure it's pretty tuff having all that tackle and having to haul it around when you are shore fishing. Much easier when you can throw 20 lbs of crap in the boat and not worry if your not going to use it.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Phoenix

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2004, 02:21 PM »
I finally came to believe in the adage that a lot of lures catch more fishermen in the stores and catalogs  than they do fish in the lakes and streams. I selected the gear that I regularly use (it came as no small surprise when it all fit in one small tackle box) and put the rest into storages boxes.

I am loath however to permanently depart with any of it and from time to time I can be found sifting through it, eyes glazed, and fighting urges to add to my carrying around box.....anybody out there ready to start a support group ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.