FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Now that's a brown trout!  (Read 4047 times)

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

taxid

Re: Now that's a brown trout!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2019, 07:39 PM »
The Arkansas fish looks like she's full eggs.

I'm partial to hooked jawed males myself.  ;)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

oatkasut

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2019, 08:44 PM »
That would be nice on my flyrod! ;D

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2019, 10:39 PM »
That would be nice on my flyrod! ;D

I wonder how it would fight? I'll bet it would make some powerful runs but no jumping and would tire out quickly.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Guide service says they only fish the lake in the spring. Does that look like a spring lake brown to anyone else?

westernmas

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2019, 09:38 AM »
Eric Haatja catches those big browns all year.  I can't believe they stopped stocking them.  Really want to head up that way in the winter to pull some through the ice.

On a separate note there was a 21lb brown electro shocked in a river in the quabbin area.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2019, 11:54 AM »
Eric Haatja catches those big browns all year.  I can't believe they stopped stocking them.  Really want to head up that way in the winter to pull some through the ice.

On a separate note there was a 21lb brown electro shocked in a river in the quabbin area.

Whoever responded to me when I contacted the guide service at the website said they only catch them in the spring.

They stopped planting the Seeforellens? Did they change the strain or stop brown trout altogether? I was considering going over there in early fall and try my luck but if that is the case...  The last I knew they cut the brown trout plants in half but did not discontinue them.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-smith/2018/01/24/smith-brown-trout-and-commercial-fishing-also-deserve-board-scrutiny/1059931001/

zwiggles

« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2019, 12:06 PM »
That guide you mentioned is quite the self promoter! Also looks like he’s got that thing extended out all the way to the east coast.... not saying it’s not a big fish, but that photo was taken with the intent of distorting it’s size.

That female brown linked is a million times more impressive to me.

westernmas

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2019, 12:30 PM »
That guide you mentioned is quite the self promoter! Also looks like he’s got that thing extended out all the way to the east coast.... not saying it’s not a big fish, but that photo was taken with the intent of distorting it’s size.

That female brown linked is a million times more impressive to me.

Yes he's well known for that but he catches some amazing fish.  I don't care if he has Andre the Giant hold the thing out its still a great fish.  If he went to college I'd guess it was for marketing.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

westernmas

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Whoever responded to me when I contacted the guide service at the website said they only catch them in the spring.

They stopped planting the Seeforellens? Did they change the strain or stop brown trout altogether? I was considering going over there in early fall and try my luck but if that is the case...  The last I knew they cut the brown trout plants in half but did not discontinue them.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-smith/2018/01/24/smith-brown-trout-and-commercial-fishing-also-deserve-board-scrutiny/1059931001/

I believe it is a certain strain.  I want to say the German Seeforellens are no longer being stocked.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

zwiggles

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2019, 01:19 PM »
I believe it is a certain strain.  I want to say the German Seeforellens are no longer being stocked.

I feel like one of his videos last year (yeah I watch them even though he’s a bit much sometimes) they mentioned they were discontinuing all brown stocking to help out the salmon I think.... one stocked fish over another doesn’t make much sense to me. Just go with what works, and the browns clearly work.

zwiggles

« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2019, 01:22 PM »
Yes he's well known for that but he catches some amazing fish.  I don't care if he has Andre the Giant hold the thing out its still a great fish.  If he went to college I'd guess it was for marketing.

Agreed, I’d be tickled to see a brown like that in person. Also on your college comment, look at the dudes rod business. I know they are really nice rods, but the price on those things is insane, and with several months to wait on their list to produce/ship you know they’re busy.

I should also add I’m definitely jealous of his career. Probably part of the reason he irks me in his videos if I’m being honest.

zwiggles

« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2019, 01:23 PM »

And taxid check out this link. I think most of the browns they catch in open water are just like this. Trolling shallow harbors early spring for them where the water has warmed up.

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2019, 01:35 PM »
So you think these big mature males don't silver up like the other smaller browns?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.