FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: helping out the new fishers, it will only help the future of our sport  (Read 1708 times)

bigdave1018

take time to educate and help the little people. 1 time at the fair haven pier these 2 guys showed up with a younger child 2 go fishing. i noticed the little guy was not being paid attention to by his dad or uncle. i asked if i could help him out they gutted sure man go right ahead. i reline his old 33 for him brought him over by me and told him to pay attention to his line and he would catch fish. the 2 older guys were using about 3/0 hooks and balled up worms fishing for sunnies lots of laughs. i retied his line putting on a sz 6 aberdeen hook and a smaller split your basic dropshot or bullhead rig. i told him just use a piece of a crawler and hook it once. when the day was done the little fisherman caught his limit of bass and about 25 more decent pannies. he was smiling from ear 2 ear. he thanked me and it made this old mans heart feel real good. [ ps his unc and dad manage to hook 1 bass and that was it ]

bigdave1018

i was fishing in my boat 1 spring when this boat came in with a guy and his son fishing. we were pulling the fish out like crazy. i kept looking at the new boat and noticed that they were set up all wrong for that type of fishing. the little guy kept seeing us doing all the catching and was almost in tears. we went over to the boat and asked the dad if we could help. he said sure. i gave them a tube of spikes , some hair jigs and a few bobbers and told dad how to set them up. the very 1st cast ,the little guy caught a nice crappie and we all stood up and cheered. it was a great day on the water for me. i enjoyed watching them catching fish. as we left the father thanked us again and it made my day.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
BigDave,
Hats off to you.  I always go out of my way to help other people, especially kids, catch more fish.  I don't know everything nor do I act like it, but will give anyone information to help them have fun.  Your right about how appreciative people can be after having a fun day on the water and catching some fish.

Tight lines
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
 ;D ;D ;D what you put  in to a kid is what you get out.thier are little sponges
show them hate and you will get hate-[the middle  east] show them love and
understanding and that is what you get,they are a produced of the environment
they are grow up in,kids donot forget.,i see it in my kids and my grandkids
 ;D ;D ;D
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.