FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missouri River  (Read 4791 times)

angler82

Missouri River
« on: Mar 29, 2012, 09:52 PM »
I live in Williston and have never fished the missouri river, I am looking for some advice to shore fishing for Walleye and Pike.

Thanks,

da-jigger

Re: Missouri River
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Check out all the little lake to the East of Williston. Lots of good fishing. Sorry I can't help on the mighty Mo.

angler82

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2012, 10:39 PM »
what little lakes are you referencing?

da-jigger

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2012, 12:26 PM »
I don't remember the names, contact jayhelfrich by personal message.He has a post on your guys board. Nice guy from Montana over working in ND. He'll help you out. Google earth isn't showing the names of the lakes.

angler82

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2012, 09:06 PM »
I got out this weekend caught some pike, wish the wind would quit one of these days.

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2012, 01:33 AM »
Good spot to shore fish for both walleye and northerns is White Earth Dam and Grano Bridge Crossing on Lake Darling.  Minnow on a jig under a slip bobber @ White Earth or jigging a minnow from the fishing bridge @ Grano Crossing.

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

corny13

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2012, 09:09 PM »
You have moved to a Great fishing area!  Best fishing is by boat.  This time of year jigging with a minnow in the river, slack water of sandbars will produce walleyes.  Next month upper Sakajawea should turn on with same minnow and jig, by june the bottom bouncer and a crawler also great  Tobacco gardens and east to New town.   Go to Scenic sports in Williston they will also help you with tips.  This time of year is a good time to fish from shore for big post spawn Northen Pike.  A big smelt on the bottom with a quick strike rig will produce, fish points on Sakajawea esp if a bigger bay, 20 +lbs are not uncommon.  Wind isnt going to quit, better get use to it! ;D

DanDANthefisherman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2012, 07:39 PM »
Moving to Fairview on the 30th. Love to Walleye and Pike fish. Let me know if you need a fishing partner,
                                                                                                                                                        Dan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.