FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 146628 times)

gotagetm

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #555 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:12 PM »
got about 8-10lbs of walleye fillets and 2 stream browns and 2 lil rainbows in brine to smoke tomorrow (trout are my brothers told him ide give those to my dogs but they wont eat them,haha not a fan )also 6 lbs of deer curing for jerky smokers be going tomorrow!!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #556 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Sure looks good to me..      ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #557 on: Nov 25, 2019, 04:42 PM »
I always let meat ( red meat) come to room temps before cooking, it seems to simplify the process.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #558 on: Nov 25, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Same here. It's so much easier to control the internal temp.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #559 on: Dec 06, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Made 25lbs of vennie sticks yesterday and will be in the smoker later this morning.. ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #560 on: Dec 06, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Made 25lbs of vennie sticks yesterday and will be in the smoker later this morning.. ;D

Nice job. Hopefully when deer season is over, I can get rolling on things. Just got a shipment of balogna casings in today. Pretty much all stocked up.
9 deer in the freezer so far.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #561 on: Dec 06, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Thanks DS.  I need a bigger smoker for big projects. 
Nothing like smoking in a snow storm.  ;D

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #562 on: Dec 07, 2019, 10:39 AM »
I'm going to smoke some venison jerky soon I was wondering what's the best way to keep it from falling through the grates? Also how long/how hot should I go? I will be using an offset charcoal smoker. Any tips would be much appreciated. I've made jerky in the dehydrator for years using high mountain seasoning out of whole muscle and ground with the jerky gun and havent had any complaints, the kids love it but I'd like to try without the dehydrator. I'll take any advice anyone is willing to give just looking for a change. Thanks guys I hope everyone had a successful deer season!!🦌
done dirt cheap!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #563 on: Dec 07, 2019, 02:46 PM »
I use these disposable aluminum screens. Wal-Mart has them in the grilling section. Around a buck apiece. Easy to wash and re-use. About 12x16 inches.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #564 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Yup thats what i use..
Twisted up 16 more pounds of vennie sticks this morning ready for the smoker tomorrow..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #565 on: Dec 10, 2019, 01:34 PM »

filetandrelease

« Reply #566 on: Dec 10, 2019, 06:27 PM »

Smells great 😃

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #567 on: Dec 11, 2019, 04:28 AM »
Tastes good to...  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #568 on: Dec 11, 2019, 08:36 AM »

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #569 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Lol , I bet

Well if i see you out on Oneida  this season i will bring you some buddy...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.