MyFishFinder By Species > Trout

Biggest brook trout

(1/21) > >>

TroutFishingBear:
Forgot to put this with the brown trout post  :-[

Mine is a 5pounder in a secret lake.
I have also caught many 3 pounders, avg. 2 lbs, in a camp lake. Although in this lake, I still caught plenty of 12", prob. half 12" half 16"

SALMOTRUTTA:
3 lbs.,18 inches trolling,same place as my brown.

MickeyFinn:
I have put a few 4 1/2 pounders in the net but 3 summers ago I lost one right at the side of the canoe that had to have been in the mid 5lb range and thats considered huge in the waters I fish...

reubenpa:
12.5 inches and I don't know how many pounds. Man that thing was HUGE, it was probably a good 8 LBs.... I mean ozs.  It was a native in a SMAll creek.  It was fun to get though

Mackdaddy21:
Big brookies are one trophy I have never caught. I did catch one from Gore Creek in Colorado, near vail, on a #6 Gold Panther Martin Spinner that was 19" and about 3 and a half pounds. Gore Creek has a fair amount of brookies in the 14 - 20 inch range, though most about a foot long.
I catch tons of brookies in remote, high mountain lakes and cold streams. In one of these lakes they average a nice 12 - 14", though I have never landed any bigger out of several thousand landed in my life.
The rest of the places just kick out tons of 8 - 12" brooks. I don't complain about that though.
No fish is as pretty to me as a wild brookie. Nor is any as tasty as an orange meated brookie. Most of them eat a lot of freshwater shrimp. These small crustaceans are common in most any brookie fishery.
I am not much of a fly fisherman, but at times in high mountain lakes, a dry fly is the best thing to use. I like 12 - 16 size red ants and mosquitoes. I have caught over 50 in a day many times on dry flies. Talk about fun. If the fish aren't rising, I like Panther Martin Spinners, and also a good old Daredevle spoon is even better when you need to cast far. If you fish flies and have a boat, use a nymph or wet fly and you'll still catch tons of them if your the type of fisherman who would rather catch 12 on a fly rod than 50 on lures or bait.
Nightcrawlers are also of course deadly on brookies. Other than bass though, I would say brookies are the only other fish I fish for where artificials often work better than bait.

Tyler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version