MFF US Northeast > Virginia

Saltville Area

(1/1)

shybeaver:
I'm going to be in the Saltville area for a while and was wondering where and what I might catch?  Any info would be great.
SB

AD:
Well if you go there before the end of September there is a Great place to fish for some Stocked trout.     Trout are stocked three days a week (recently moved down from 6 times due to gas prices).   Trout this year have ranged anywhere from a half a pound up to almost 5.      It's $6.50 for a daily permit, along with teh required state fishing liscence, but you'd be fishing a beautiful stream.    Their are deer, turkeys and bear all over also.   Their is also a large 300 acre lake (although its down 10 feet due to dam repairs) that produces small mouth in the 20 + inch range.   All this can be found in the Clinch Mountain Wildlife management area.    If you go on a monday wednessday or friday you just might see me their stocking them too.         thats only 15 minutes from saltville.   
        Then you have the middle fork of the Holston river jsut outside of Saltville that has small mouth and rock bass.    Small mouth have been known to be caught over 20 inches too.     Its a greqat small river some summer wade fishing.   Ive had some good fishing here.     
       Outside of Saltville there is Hungry Mother lake (walleye, bass, catfish, carp musky) about 30 mins from Saltville.   its a 300 acre lake also.     
       Their are plenty of other area's to fish too, plenty of streams and lakes up to several thousand acres.   Let me know if you need some more idea's or directions to the places, or be able to point you in the right direction.      I moved to Marion a few years back from NY and have gotten to know the area a bit.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version