MFF US Northeast > Virginia

Need some info

(1/1)

camocrazy82:
I might be coming your way for work. Whats a license cost? What kind of fish should I look for?

AD:
What part of VA are you heading too?      We have everything from High Mountain Trout streams to big lakes with hybrid striped bass along with the regular kind.    We've got catfish (channel blues and flatheads), pike (only very few of them), musky, walleye, some yellow perch, and red-eye (rockbass), brown brrok and rainbow trout (stocked and natural), largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, kentucky bass (and several other small bas ssubspecies I think), and plenty of other fish to fish for.     

A lot of whats bitting depends on the time of year, right now the walleye are gearing up, and getting into the spawn, so they are running up the rivers and starting to come up shallow on the lake banks.     The crappie are gearing up to spawn too, and "from what I hear" :)   they are bitting really well right now.      Fishing has been slow aall winter, as it gets down here in the SW part, but Ive been doing alright on the trout latly.     

Oh, as for the liscence fee, I think it is $36.00 for a year and if you plan on fishing for some sotcked trout, youll have to pick up a trout stamp for another $36.00.   Both of those are for the out of state liscences.     

camocrazy82:
I will be working on Langley Air Force Base. Its not a for sure thing yet but man I would love to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version