FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Day?  (Read 3873 times)

Mackdaddy21

Best Day?
« on: Jun 01, 2004, 11:20 PM »
I have never caught a musky or fished for them. We have a few tiger muskies around here, but no great lakes musky like up north.
From what I understand, covering water and remembering where you see fish and follows is the most important thing. And that in most lakes, two or three muskies of any size is a great day.
What is the largest number of muskies you have caught in a day? What did you use?
If I ever take a trip up north, I think I would mostly fish walleyes and pike, but maybe some muskies too if I had time.

Tyler

Jigwiggler

Re: Best Day?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2004, 11:48 AM »
     I fish for musky with my father most of the time.  The best we've ever done is 5 in a day and we've done that twice together (fish measured 42-49 1/2" and 34-47").  That's not counting short fish and the minimum size in PA is 30". 
     When I was a kid, before catch and release was as widely practiced and accepted as it is today we kept alot of our catch.  Now and for probably the last 10 years it's been 100% C&R.  These fish are to valuable of a resource to not release and with the increase in technology for fiberglass reproductions even the biggest of trophies can be released unharmed.  A few quick snapshots and a tape are all that are needed for your trophy to stay with you always while still lurking the deeps. ;D  I'll have to dig up some pics of our past catches.

My best day fishing solo was 2 / 4.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2004, 10:43 PM »
Have yet to target muskies in open water as I just found out NJ had them this past winter. Best day length wise was Feb. 1st of this year with a 45" monster. Best quanity wise was Feb. 8th with 2 fish of 42" and 39"

Hopefully sometime this year I'll make it out to target them in the open water on light tackle.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

jyoung

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2004, 09:34 AM »
The Best I ever had was with a friend of mine 3 years ago, We hooked 20 and put 11 in the boat nothing overly big but it was so fast and furious for almost 3 hours. Last year I had a similar day by myself I put a 44",38.5",35" and a 30" in the boat that day and just this spring I hooked 11 and  put a 45", 41.5" and a 40" in the boat in the same day.
I love those multi fish days.
Good hunting, Jeff
Carl Spackler: We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2004, 11:50 AM »
The Best I ever had was with a friend of mine 3 years ago, We hooked 20 and put 11 in the boat nothing overly big but it was so fast and furious for almost 3 hours. Last year I had a similar day by myself I put a 44",38.5",35" and a 30" in the boat that day and just this spring I hooked 11 and  put a 45", 41.5" and a 40" in the boat in the same day.
I love those multi fish days.
Good hunting, Jeff

J that is some pretty good fishin' your had!!! :o  Where do you fish that has populations like that? 

By the way, Love the avatar!!! ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Hood

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2005, 09:37 AM »
My personal best is 1 every couple years, almost had 2 in one year. I have not caught one the last 2 years so this spring is looking brighter.  ;D
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

NormS

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 11:48 AM »
My best day is a toss up...Had 4 on 3 landed and 2 follows on one trip but another day had one fish landed, 2 others that pulled the hooks out at the net and 7 follows. Too bad those hot action days only happen once or twice a season.
Norm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.