MyFishFinder By Species > Northern Pike

Trolling For Pike

(1/2) > >>

Mackdaddy21:
Who here has good luck trolling for pike? What do you use and how deep do you fish?

Tyler

buzz bait:
i;ve trolled for them a few times . the lures used  husky jerks size 10 and up  big spinners like mepps musky killers or just any of your favorite pike lures smaller jerk baits work to .depth depends on the time of year ??? in the fall like to troll over the weed tops speed is a factor 1.5 to 3  mph . i was fishing in canada [half moon lake] i was trolling a 00 size dodger with a big treble hook on it . places i;ve trolled are the st.larwence ,cayuga ,owasco and the chenago river and a few other places .

terrieb80:
Yes or No with regards to using planer boards when trolling for Pike?

Water Wolf:
For pike, they seem to take almost any lure smaller than them, but some good trolling lures are Len Thompson in 5 of diamonds or red and white. Plugs or crank baits the original and husky jerk Rapala in a bait fish color that matches the natural forager or try firetiger. I also like to troll swimbaits and jigs with rubber tails, something like the Storm Wildeyes or a Berkley twister tails in white should do the trick, for areas with big pike go with larger lures, and I would recommend a steel leader. 8)

Water Wolf

Deposit:
You all just troll with the lure in the water??? I Mean no riggers? are plainers? I have thaught about trying to troll but was not sure what the consences is on the proper way (I'm talking of lakes that generally are shallow 20 to 30 feet and other around 70 feet)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version