FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Red River  (Read 2544 times)

pikefisherman

Red River
« on: Jul 08, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Has anybody been catching any Catfish lately on the Red River In ND/MN?I went there a week ago today from 4:00 in the afternoon till 12:00 midnight and between the 6 of us 5 catfish were caught and the biggest was around 3 lbs.They were few and far between.We tried everything-crawlers,beef liver,pork liver,chicken liver,shrimp,smelt,and tulipee and hardly caught any cats.WE caught many tulippe and walleye and sauger and a few bullhead but hardly any cats.Usually when we go we usually catch one every 10 minutes or so and usually within 45 mins someone catches one atleast close to 10 pounds.I dont know why we couldn't catch any that night.
Thanks

Pikefisherman

pikefisherman

Re: Red River
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2004, 10:03 AM »
ttt

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2004, 10:40 AM »
PikeFisherman I fish for cats in the Assinniboine river in manitoba and I too have noticed numbers and size is down from last couple of years I have been successfull using sucker cut the head off then cut an inch and a half steak and chuck er out it might look like a big bait but they have no problem eating it . Fresh cut bait usually is the ticket but it could have been just an off day keep trying bud you will get into em!

pikefisherman

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2004, 12:25 AM »
ttt

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2004, 12:42 PM »

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2004, 12:46 PM »
ttt = to the top

bumps the thread to the top of the board again

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2004, 01:04 PM »
 :-[ Thanks Webguy

Mr. Rig

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2004, 07:17 AM »
No problems with the Red in the Winnipeg area - bite is still pretty hot, although there are some posts which suggest slow days.  Haven't had one yet, fishing off shore.  Last outing a couple of days ago, 3 of us caught 31 before lunch, biggest 38 inches - half of them were over 34.  Not a brag, just a report.   

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2004, 10:19 AM »
Hey Mr. Rig have you found the bite to be better during the day this year? My biggest has been a 38'' thiis year out of the assinniboine.

pikefisherman

« Reply #9 on: Aug 03, 2004, 05:03 PM »
ttt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.