FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers all over...  (Read 5470 times)

Esox

Stripers all over...
« on: Jul 27, 2004, 11:19 AM »
I did some striper fishing with my friend Blaine down in CT. I was a day like I had never seen before. Big fish were all over and they were on the feed for some reason. We landed 27 bass and 25 of those were over 40" (one was 38" and one was 39"), plus we even had a double on of 50" fish. It was the best fishing day of my life and my arms were some kind of sore the next day. What made it even better was the fact I was fishing with my friends ( a couple of other friends were fishing right near us).

Here are a few pics from Friday. More can be seen at http://www.fishingvermont.net in the Out of State photos section. I am headed out with a friend and my wife Saturday to fish with my friend Joe. Should be a good time.

Double 50"er's

50"er's being released.

Hooked up with another double

Random fish....

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
Re: Stripers all over...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2004, 11:32 AM »
Looks like an awesome time on the water!

fozsey

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2004, 12:00 PM »
Nice fish Bob. It looks like a lot of fun.  ;)

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Those are some great pictures. Looks like a great day on the water. You have got to like it when all the stars align just perfectly for one of those days on the water. Thanks for sharing.

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2004, 12:30 PM »
Wow, those guys are big!  I can see why you'd be tired after a day of bringing those  fish in.  How long does a fight last with one of the 50"ers?

Jigwiggler

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Bob, that is simply awesome!!  :o Beautiful fish!!  I have yet to catch a striper (fresh or salt) and they are definately on my list of fish I want to catch in the near future.  Those pics are definately motivation to get it done.  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Very nice Bob!  I love those big stripers!!!!  I've had some good days down here, but none quite like that...awesome.

BTW, did you get pics for the contest?  If not, go back, bring your entry form, get a pic and then submit!

fastribs85

« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2004, 04:26 PM »
hey way to go i cant wait to go fish for some strpiers
naked women and beer we got it all in here

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2004, 05:41 PM »
 :o  nice job!!those are some nice ones and so many i am truly jealous!!!
Scotty 

jigerjim

« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2004, 06:31 PM »
  Guy's those 50" got too be about 50lb's  or close to it.  Nice catch. It almost make's me want to go back to the beach.
All way's keep your line wet

Bartman44

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2004, 06:58 PM »
Sick Bob, just sick.

Thanks for the pics,
Bart

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Bob I thought you wrote " Strippers all over " man i had my bags packed and ready to go.  :o :o On a serious note those are some beauty fish. Way to go man. 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Katfish

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2004, 09:49 PM »
Beautiful. Great pics! :o

Man that looks like fun.

How do you fish for them? Casting lures? Are they big fighters?

fastribs85

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2004, 10:22 PM »
in the delaware we use live bait like shad herring eels or bucktails they also like bloodworms and some guys catch them on crankbaits but they fight for there lives catching big strippers like that im sure youll pay for it the next day ive only cought a couple and i think my biggest was 26" at the shore and that made me tired
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Esox

« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2004, 09:38 AM »
I'm gonna guess that the double crested cormorants would have a tough time choking those down. 
Slipbob...I think it would be the other way around. The cormorants may want to be careful where they land.  ;)

Monophil,
I don't really remember how long the fight took. It's really fish dependent. We had some 40"er's fight harder then the 50's . We tend to put a lot of pressure to get the fish in quickly since we try and release all of them. I kept 2 that day, one we could not revive and one had a hook go through the main artery in the back of the mouth and there was just no stopping it.

Fatboy,
I did not know they were on the list. I've never been much for contests...I'm too busy fishing. ;D

Jiggerjim,
My fish was a little skinnier then Blaine's. Mine taped out to be about 45# and his was probably in the 50# range. His largest taped out around 64#'s  and was released. He did have a glass replica made.

Katfish,
We started live linning hickory shad for them in 10'-20' of water. The shad are 13"-16" long. Once we ran out of them we 3-wayed  11"-15" porgy (kind of like a saltwater sunfish) for them. At one point there were 40" fishing busting on top and could be caught with topwater and swim baits.

Fasttribs85,
I guess I'm out of shape a little, but I never once complained about being tired the next day. ;D

Everone else...thanks for you comments.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.