FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Atalantic Salmon anyone??  (Read 1543 times)

slim slinger

Atalantic Salmon anyone??
« on: Jul 29, 2004, 01:25 AM »
I hooked into one fishing for walleyes two nights ago. I have never hooked or landed one before. I was using 10# line and a light action rod when all of a sudden i thought i had a walleye of a lifetime on but to my surprise a silvery flash came shooting out of the water about 25-30 seconds later i had no line and lost my tail dancer (one of my favorite eye baits). I then packed it up went home took out the rainbow rod and reel and went back down with no luck (no surprise).
Anyone else here have a similar experience or land one of these beauties????
I'd love to see a few pics or even stories.
here in northern ontario they are few and far between in our rivers so i guess i am lucky just to fight one for a fraction of a minute......

slim slinger

Re: Atalantic Salmon anyone??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2004, 01:12 PM »
found out today that the DNR on the michigan side of the river stocks about 60,000 atlantics in the river each year!....news to me....

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2004, 02:54 PM »
I hope you catch one. When you do post a picture of it. I have never seen one.

Fishingking

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2004, 07:40 PM »
they area a blast to catch ive caught a few in my day out of the lake here in NY  ussually  go for lakers on one rod and browns on the other and sometimes the salmon hit the rod that im using for browns    some guys a little north of here fly fish for them  and also i think theres more atlantic slamon i nthe lakes in the adirondacks (northern part of the state)

if you catch oen they are gret eating
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2004, 04:36 PM »
The LL Salmon is one of my favorite species to target, from their 4 foot leaps out of the water to their relentless fighting ability they are just plain ole fun.. I fish small lakes for them where a 30 inch fish is a trophy my favorite method of catching them is stipping streamers on a fly rod or trolling one behind a conoe on a warm fall day..
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.