FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ND walleye record broken  (Read 13794 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: ND walleye record broken
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2019, 09:31 AM »
You have to remember it is a "look at ME" world...h2l

taxid

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2019, 09:45 AM »

No record but I caught the biggest crappie of my life on a boyscout camp pond. Now I say pound but its 30 plus acre pond. Everyone i showed said yea nice fish but not really a challenge fishing in that pond. Doesnt bother me but some people just cant stand to see someone else successful

That's what happened to me. I caught a yellow perch 5 ounces bigger then the state record in one of my ponds (this was before I raised and sold fish). Anyway an outdoor writer had to make a big deal of the fact it was taken out of private pond when we have 12 state records out of ponds here. In fact the last state record yellow perch came out of private gravel pit.

Anyway the state said I followed all the rules but...

Had a guy chastise me on a forum (not this one) saying it was like fishing in a barrel. Two other anglers that day didn't catch one perch.

That said don't really care. It's my personal record. Never caught one close to that since, although now that I raise yellow perch I can consistently them in the 14 inch range. Never caught one 16 inches in 14 years. It was an anomaly.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2019, 09:46 AM »
You have to remember it is a "look at ME" world...h2l

Yup!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Badbrad2186

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2019, 02:21 PM »
That's what happened to me. I caught a yellow perch 5 ounces bigger then the stare record in one of my ponds (this was before I raised and sold fish). Anyway an outdoor writer had to make a big deal of the fact it was taken out of private pond when we have 12 state records out of ponds here. In fact the last state record yellow perch came out of private gravel pit.

Anyway the state said I followed all the rules but...

Had a guy chastise me on a forum (not this one) saying it was like fishing in a barrel. Two other anglers that day didn't catch one perch.

That said don't really care. It's my personal record. Never caught one close to that since, although now that I raise yellow perch I can consistently them in the 14 inch range. Never caught one 16 inches in 14 years. It was an anomaly.

Let me tell you what. All the people.who hassled me about how it was easy and is a pond. I could take all of them over there open water or ice fishing give them my pole with my set up and every 9 out 10 people wouldnt even be able to catch a crappie let alone a huge one. This past winter I took my brother in law niece and my daughter out ice fishing set up in my honey hole gave me a few limits of fish this past winter. Anyways My daughter and my self were in one shack well my Brother in law and niece were in other shack. We ended up with 55 fish between the 4 of us that day and I caught 35 of the keepers my self. It's not luck to catch fish its skill luck is catching the true giants. Taxid if your ever in the fi get lakes region of NY get at me I'll take ya out and show ya some great perch fishing

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2019, 02:51 PM »

Let me tell you what. All the people.who hassled me about how it was easy and is a pond. I could take all of them over there open water or ice fishing give them my pole with my set up and every 9 out 10 people wouldnt even be able to catch a crappie let alone a huge one. This past winter I took my brother in law niece and my daughter out ice fishing set up in my honey hole gave me a few limits of fish this past winter. Anyways My daughter and my self were in one shack well my Brother in law and niece were in other shack. We ended up with 55 fish between the 4 of us that day and I caught 35 of the keepers my self. It's not luck to catch fish its skill luck is catching the true giants. Taxid if your ever in the fi get lakes region of NY get at me I'll take ya out and show ya some great perch fishing
I agree

taxid

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2019, 06:47 PM »

Thanks for the generous offer. If you're ever out this way in the fall or winter I can do the same.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.