FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Caught fish or not  (Read 2361 times)

Big Brother

Caught fish or not
« on: Jul 29, 2012, 05:16 PM »
If you hooked a fish of a lifetime and were holding it in the water beside boat while trying to grab it to bring in the boat for a quick CPR would you still consider it a caught fish if it managed to get away before any measurements or pictures could be taken?

stripernut

Re: Caught fish or not
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2012, 08:46 PM »
When big game fishing (OffShore); if you touch the leader it is considered caught. I think that if you had the fish under control, it was yours, but in the end it is what you think that is important. For many if you did not kill the fish, it did not count... You fought it to the side of the boat and you touched the fish, sound like it counts, but there will/are many that will not agree. Just remember the good time you had getting the fish to the boat, because THAT IS WHAT COUNTS!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Fish always look bigger in the water or in the net than they really are. Unless you have caught GOBS of them, your hairy eyeball is gonna lie to ya pretty bad about the size. That's why the stories are about the one that got away instead of the one that met the measuring tape. ;D

It is always a sobering moment when great white whale gets put on a scale. 

If there are no photos, it didn't happen.... ;)

fly-in

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Doesn't count unless its in the frying pan! ::)

So, since it probably was a sturgeon it wouldn't have counted anyway as you have to release it ;)

LOL, I would count it Andy, you had control. When I'm fishing for fun (as in not trying to get some keepers) any fish I have close and can see and could have landed counts

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.