FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon and perch 4/09  (Read 3028 times)

dutch 1

Salmon and perch 4/09
« on: Apr 10, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Headed out sat for coho and perch,landed 3 for 9 for the salmon,just bad hooksets I guess or bad hooks?Trolled out of pastrick headed east to the gary light.Broke off for a couple of jumbo perch due north of the light in 50' of water (large fat heads today).Wind and waves were set for a perfect day.The coho were dead set on the j-11 jointed orange rapala,12-14'down.Water temp around 45 degrees.

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
Re: Salmon and perch 4/09
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Perch'n on a beautiful Saturday afternoon...Doesn't get any better than that!!!!(What about yesterday?).... I hit up my Aunt's little (1acre) pond out in Braidwood yesterday and caught/released the 6 biggest fish out of there (2- 2 1/2 lbs). That was a good time with the kids as they're pullin' out 6"-9" gills all day long........ Opening up the cottage in a couple weeks....getting anxious!!! L8r, Prizz
Keep on keeping on!!!!!!!    Prizz

dutch 1

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Sunday had the honey-do list :( .Oh well always the next time the warden let's me out!! ;D.Nice job Prizz with the fishin' used to have a private place in Braidwood also,long story.Just hope the weather holds out for the weekends for a few weeks while the best fishin is here.

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Keep it up out there!! And keep the posts coming, even though there are a few of us around here, it is still worth it. I hear ya about this being PRIME time Spring fishing. I've been doing some remodeling at the house, so it looks like after we open the cottage in a couple weeks, it's GAME ON!!!!! L8r, Prizz

DADDY-O

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2011, 10:42 PM »
DUTCH.  i used to work on a charter, early spring you have to keep a lot of tension on the fish or they will spit the hook. thats my exeperince from working on the charter and fishing on my own boat. hope this will help you.     DADDY'O
SATCHMO

dutch 1

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Thanks Daddy-O for the tip,got some new gear and still tryin to dial it in.

Hope this turns out.

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Those are some BEAUTES! BEEG LAKE, BEEG FISH, NICE PICS & GOOD EATS...   Good to see your getting used to the new toys.....   L8r, Prizz       
 PS- If your camera man/lady ever bails on ya, you know where to find me ::)...j/k......L8r bro

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.