FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SOME KIDS NEED OUR HELP !!!! PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN !!!!!!!  (Read 2440 times)

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
Hoosier, can I post this on the site?

I met with the Parks Dept Leader in LaPorte today and she told me that someone broke in and destroyed all their fishing poles and reels for their Kid's Day Camp this summer. To make it even worst the person who did it, did not take the equipment but just trashed it. I told her that I'd try to get the word out to Indiana Fisherman/Fisherwomen and see if we couldn't get some replacements. They do not need new stuff. Does anyone have any rods/reels that would be good for kids sitting around gathering dust? They have about 30 kids in their Day Camp and we are going to do a week of fishing for them in June. They also will use these all summer long.  If you are willing to donate to help kids fish, let me know and we'll see how we can pull it together. If you want to ship things you could mail them to me. Or possibly we can connect in another way. My mailing address is :

Mike Sutton
170 Garden Street
LaPorte Indiana 46350

Here's the brochure for the Day Camp. http://www.cityoflaporte.com/ParkPDFs/2011_SummerDayCampBrochure.pdf

This is an Indiana camp,I was hoping everyone could help.. Thanks JT

dutch 1

Re: SOME KIDS NEED OUR HELP !!!! PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41 PM »
That just plain old sucks!I've got a rod and reel laying around I can and will donate,in the mail monday a.m.Good luck and hope the s.o.b. gets caught.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.