FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Scott Air Force Base area HELP! (Please)  (Read 2840 times)

frost

Scott Air Force Base area HELP! (Please)
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:30 PM »
I have a buddy stationed at Scott Air Force Base (He signed up when I was in Iraq, so I haven't seen him much) and my fiance, his fiance and I are visiting him between Friday May 6th and Thursday May 13th. Both girls want to do some fishing while out there (and me and him)...So with them "twisting my arm" I am trying to get them on fish.  Anything would be good, but I personally, and they wouldn't mind either, like to catch bass, stripers/hybrids, musky/pike or any other bigger fish...Any help would be much appreciated...

My fiance and I are also looking at possibly going out fly fishing by ourselves one day (she is addicted to fly fishing) if there are any local streams or areas good for fly fishing.

We don't have a boat, not opposed to possibly renting one, so more then likely fishing from shore...We are also not opposed to driving a little to find some fish...

Thanks for any help...Feel free to PM me also...

frost

Re: Scott Air Force Base area HELP! (Please)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:42 PM »
How about any type of fish?  I don't care what it is or size at this point...I'm just looking to have a day or two for the girls to catch some fish... I brought enough gear for anything from the smallest bluegill to the largest of musky or stripers.  Any help would be appreciated...Even anything in the St. Louis area...

bucky75

Re: Scott Air Force Base area HELP! (Please)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:10 PM »
I am from too far north of there but can say the Mississippi is flooding so look at the http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/ look for some of the parks in the area and see what you can find

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.