FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Minekill State Park fishing ?  (Read 1712 times)

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
Minekill State Park fishing ?
« on: Jun 01, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Just wondering if anybody else has been to this place, it's run by the NYS Power Autority.

Here is what i got from thier website ..... not sure if it is even worth the trouble ?  ???

NORTH BLENHEIM – The New York Power Authority will reopen the upper and lower reservoirs at the Blenheim-Gilboa Pumped Storage Power project to boaters who obtain and display special permits on their boats and boat trailers.

Permits for recreational boating will be good beginning (April 1) until September 30. Both reservoirs are closed to boating the rest of the year.

Applications for permits may be obtained by calling 1-800-724-0309 or by visiting the Power Authority’s web page, www.nypa.gov.

The upper reservoir, located on Kingsley Road in the Town of Gilboa, is open to boating daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through September 30.  Permit holders are required to call 1-800-FOR-NYPA (1-800-367-6972) extension 6364, on the day before they intend to use the reservoir.  On the day they use the reservoir, boaters must stop at the South Gate on Valenti Road to notify security personnel.

The lower reservoir may be accessed through Mine Kill State Park on Route 30.  Boating is permitted from 7:30 a.m. until the park closes each day.  Until the first weekend in May, the park closes each day at 4 p.m.  Therefore, it is open until dusk.

Boating on the upper reservoir is restricted to recreational craft – rowboats and canoes – with or without electric trolling motors, which are clearly marked with New York State registration numbers and a NYPA permit.

Gasoline-powered engines are permitted on the lower reservoir.

The reservoirs may be closed to boating at any time due to increased threat level as determined by Power Authority corporate security officials.

BR
Bring on the Stripers !!!

hunters08

Re: Minekill State Park fishing ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2006, 11:13 PM »
where do you guys ice fish in scoharie county and for what? My brother lives in middleburgh,want to get him started ice fishing.  Thanks
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2006, 10:41 AM »
There is summit lake in Schoharie county about 10 miles from cobleskill. There is also vly pond. Good luck.

hunters08

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Hey thats cool thanks alot!!! I have heard him talk about vly pond!!!!  Thanks again
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.