FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Can't get on Lake Erie thread  (Read 5416 times)

garboyl

Can't get on Lake Erie thread
« on: Jun 01, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Having trouble getting on lake Erie Thread.  When I go to that site it says site has been removed or you are denied access.  How do I get on the site?  I am logged in on the New York board.

archbishop

Re: Can't get on Lake Erie thread
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2006, 01:59 PM »
works just fine, try posting instead of reading, that may be the problem  ???

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Yup, works fine here too!  :-\

garboyl

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2006, 03:58 PM »
I have been away fishing in Quebec, and ever since my return I can't enter the site.  When I returned from the trip I had to re- register for Myfishfinder as I had been removed from the board.  When I go to the Erie link there is no button to re-register there.

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2006, 07:56 PM »
i believe i heard that all the lurkers were being removed, no post or 3 post in a year and your gone ???

chuck shanty

« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2006, 09:11 PM »
im havin same problem.  not enough posts?  i cant get on the one section ive been posting in!  a bit high maintenance are we?  hopefully be able to post reports soon.

hunters08

« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Well whats up with you cant read unless you have enough posts?
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

fishryc

« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2006, 05:14 AM »
Not really sure if I agree with this Arch.

I still can't come up with one good reason against a lurker yet.

Help me out here.

Thanks.

Mac
  I think you're right, too, Mac. If you think about it, this site generates income from the paid advertisers. The heavier the traffic, the higher the add rate will be and the encouragement of new advertisers will be increase. Start restricting traffic is contrary to the best intrest of those whom own the site.
S
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

rvz

« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:15 AM »
You need to be more active on the site, as in having more posts to get on the reports and conditions section.  I'm not sure what the exact number is but it's at least 5 I think ???

How can someone post something if you can no longer get to the particular "Lake and/or River" that you like to fish and would like to report on?

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:58 AM »
How can someone post something if you can no longer get to the particular "Lake and/or River" that you like to fish and would like to report on?

kind of a double edged sword, most people like this just go into to read all the reports and find the "hotspots" and never post any info, but on the other hand if you want to give reports or pics you have to have a few posts first, maybe a good idea, go into the paticular state you are from and introdus=ce yourself or just into the general forum ar maybe into just species and give a report, chances are if your  account was deleted your a lurker and people dont want to give out info to people who dont want to share back. if you have a few posts people knoiw you and will be willing to share, hell you cant even pm until you have a few posts so just get on the site introduce yourself and share some info and people will share with you :tipup:
Not really sure if I agree with this Arch.

I still can't come up with one good reason against a lurker yet.

Help me out here.

Thanks.

Mac

come on mac, a lurker is like that guy that sees you nailing fish on the ice and comes and drills a hole 3' behind you :tipup:

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #10 on: Jun 02, 2006, 07:16 AM »
You need to have 5 posts to be able to get into the "Conditions and Reports" board along with send and receive PM's. So start posting.  ;D
Welcome to the new comers and hope to see some great pictures and hear some great fish outing stories.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

ladyfish

« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2006, 07:28 AM »
Some lurkers (maybe even myself), probably feel rather intimidated by the "put downs" that happen to a lot of posts.  Some times we just like to read what is happening out there.  And not all "lurkers" will drill a hole 3 feet away from you.  I have seen where two holes drilled one foot apart will not produce the same results out of both holes.  This is only my opinion on "lurkers"...

wormwigglr

« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2006, 08:11 AM »
no one wants to give there info if none is shared back. when you give your info and loco next time you go there is a lurker sitting in your spot. bs!

Polar

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2006, 08:32 AM »

Facts are facts. Check out his profile 1 post since April 2005......... I agree with whats going on 100%.

dunkirkphil

• Slam them.
« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2006, 10:16 AM »
u guys are taking this to an entire new level.
let them lurk if they want too - who cares????

go out and fish, submit reports if you want too, and if u don't want too - who cares?

time to act like men, hit the steams and lakes, catch fish, drink beer, smoke cigars, and brag about the big one which got away. let's all remember back 10-15 years when there weren't sites like this, and it was word of mouth, and not some hearsay froma jamoke on a blog message board. in my opinion it has made us all lazier
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.