FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch Cayuga Lake  (Read 7539 times)

dbthekid

Perch Cayuga Lake
« on: Mar 12, 2010, 10:35 AM »
So i hear that the perch fishing on cayuga is good as soon as the ice melts... well i took a trip down there the other day and its all open water down by the island just wondering if anyone has been out yet with any luck?  I remember last year fishing it in april and the fishing was phenomenal!  I just recently fished seneca lake with no success but i hear they have been doing good there, too long of a drive for me though i'd rather stick to cayuga or owasco lake so any info would be appreciated.  thanks   -David

yukonstu

Re: Perch Cayuga Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:30 PM »
So i hear that the perch fishing on cayuga is good as soon as the ice melts... well i took a trip down there the other day and its all open water down by the island just wondering if anyone has been out yet with any luck?  I remember last year fishing it in april and the fishing was phenomenal!  I just recently fished seneca lake with no success but i hear they have been doing good there, too long of a drive for me though i'd rather stick to cayuga or owasco lake so any info would be appreciated.  thanks   -David
havent seen anyone out there yet big chunks of ice floating aroun d i live right here and fish the lake all the time it will be on soon im me an ill let you know im going to check union springs launch tommorrow ill post soon

dbthekid

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2010, 06:30 AM »
hey just went to frontenac yesterday fished out by the island and caught 47 keepers...going back this morning hopefully getting some more, caught them on sliders and fatheads and we were the only boat out there.  People have been having trouble getting in and out of the launch because the lake is so low.

Hollywood

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2010, 08:00 AM »
hey just went to frontenac yesterday fished out by the island and caught 47 keepers...going back this morning hopefully getting some more, caught them on sliders and fatheads and we were the only boat out there.  People have been having trouble getting in and out of the launch because the lake is so low.

Yeah- open on the east side in front of Union Springs BUT the west side launch is still iced in. Weird, open water north of the launch on the west side but ice for a couple miles all around it. Sure it will clear out soon with all this wind & rain, anybody going that way finds it open, please post it?  Thanks!

yukonstu

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2010, 03:08 PM »
hey kidd did u go out of union springs public launch how shallow is it can we get the bass boat out

dbthekid

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2010, 12:52 PM »
hey yukonstu, yeah we launched at the frontenac launch although the water level is way down.  Just be careful and use the launch closest to the building and you should be okay to get out.  Went again yesterday and we only caught 12 but didnt stay out long the weather was bad but there were 4 other boats out...good luck and let me know how you do

yukonstu

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2010, 04:21 PM »
hey yukonstu, yeah we launched at the frontenac launch although the water level is way down.  Just be careful and use the launch closest to the building and you should be okay to get out.  Went again yesterday and we only caught 12 but didnt stay out long the weather was bad but there were 4 other boats out...good luck and let me know how you do
going in the am ill let you know tommorrow

orangegill

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2010, 05:56 AM »
going in the am ill let you know tommorrow
perch are there, and if you get your limit congrats, to those who fish bullheads they are following the mud flow from the creeks, canoga north.......

perchslayer716

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2010, 08:53 AM »
you getting any of size 10s and above?

Hollywood

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2010, 08:55 AM »
you getting any of size 10s and above?

Not without weeding thru

perchslayer716

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2010, 09:02 AM »
what depth? is there any shallower areas available (that dont have ice)?

cnypanfisher

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Hey does anybody rent boats down there you can put a 15hp on and get to the perch there?

cny

perchslayer716

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2010, 07:18 PM »
any other lakes open yet?

yukonstu

« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Hey does anybody rent boats down there you can put a 15hp on and get to the perch there?

cny
no one open yetto rent boats

yukonstu

« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2010, 08:07 PM »
any other lakes open yet?
12-16 ft we picked them up at

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.