FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wow this is ridiculous!  (Read 3003 times)

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Perch-Pirate

Re: Wow this is ridiculous!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2022, 07:46 PM »
d**n, that’s a drinking problem…

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:38 PM »
A friend in Mass says " they are the preferred vessel for drunk drivers and closet drinkers who are hiding their habit from someone. Banning them would not inconvenience responsible drinkers."
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:43 PM »
I question that picture….I’ve spent a lot of time on the lakes of Maine and New Hampshire and I have never seen anyone disrespect the water like that…

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2022, 08:18 AM »
A friend in Mass says " they are the preferred vessel for drunk drivers and closet drinkers who are hiding their habit from someone. Banning them would not inconvenience responsible drinkers."

I hate trash, but how would this help? I bet dollars to donuts most of those nips came from the “live free or die” state. Banning them in MA would only dive them north.

On second thought, tax revenue is green no matter where it comes from….

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2022, 08:54 AM »
I question that picture….I’ve spent a lot of time on the lakes of Maine and New Hampshire and I have never seen anyone disrespect the water like that…

I'm probably going to catch hell for this but there is a part of Mass (I'm not picking on Mass it's everywhere) where some of the most gorgeous scenery has an unbelievable amount of litter. I watched an angler fishing from the bank on Mirror Lake at Devens throw down lure containers and the Walmart bag they came in right at his feet as he commenced to fish. Another group of people picnicking on the shore ran to their car as a storm blew in where upon all their paper plates etc. blew into the lake. Another beach on Spectacle Pond near Lancaster had so much trash on it looked like a dump. I filled two huge garbage bags which included dirty diapers. One woman handed me a dirty diaper she had just taken off her toddler. What surprised me was the people laying on the beach right in among the trash. So yes I can believe it.

With the limited scuba diving I have done you would be amazed at the amount of bottles and cans at the bottom of lakes.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2022, 09:01 AM »
I hate trash, but how would this help? I bet dollars to donuts most of those nips came from the “live free or die” state. Banning them in MA would only dive them north.

On second thought, tax revenue is green no matter where it comes from….

I think the picture was taken in RI?

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2022, 09:06 AM »

Why would someone make that up? For all we know it took all day, covered a large area, and involved several people.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2022, 09:16 AM »
I thought they were saying they collected all that in one day.. the picture was misleading to me. The articles makes it sound like there are thousand of these just floating around the lakes and rivers. I don’t see it on the lakes and rivers I have been to in either state….maybe there are lakes and rivers that have a problem…

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2022, 09:37 AM »
I thought they were saying they collected all that in one day.. the picture was misleading to me. The articles makes it sound like there are thousand of these just floating around the lakes and rivers. I don’t see it on the lakes and rivers I have been to in either state….maybe there are lakes and rivers that have a problem…

I didn't read too much of the article but friends out there have assured me they are a problem.

I do know as a kid there were lots of soda bottles and cans under the leaves on the hillsides of this gorgeous pond that I picked up and took home. Probably the same people that leave their grocery carts in the parking lot are litterbugs.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2022, 11:30 AM »
Yeah, I never understood leaving trash and bottles behind. Why would you go to such a beautiful place and make it look like a crap hole. Some people just don’t care about anyone else….probably the same people that just throw garbage in their yard.

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2022, 11:55 AM »

No reason for litter anywhere

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2022, 07:07 PM »
Yeah, I never understood leaving trash and bottles behind. Why would you go to such a beautiful place and make it look like a crap hole. Some people just don’t care about anyone else….probably the same people that just throw garbage in their yard.

My dad and I were staying on Nahmakanta Lake in Piscataquas County Maine several years back. A remote beautiful area of northern Maine. The resort owner lent us his pick up truck and we drove to a remote pond that had one cabin on it. It was explained to us the owner flew in and out with his own float plane. We were flabbergasted at the trash around his cabin that it appeared he had just thrown out the windows. The pond sucked as it has been taken over by chubs up to 10 inches and not one brook trout.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2022, 05:13 AM »
Picked up a full garbage bag of trash on including beer cans, those little shooter bottles, sandwich containers etc.  on the course while setting tees yesterday.

I’ll probably get fired the first time I see some miscreant tossing trash off a cart.

I’m thinking a 5 iron to the shin bone.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2022, 07:35 AM »
Picked up a full garbage bag of trash on including beer cans, those little shooter bottles, sandwich containers etc.  on the course while setting tees yesterday.

I’ll probably get fired the first time I see some miscreant tossing trash off a cart.

I’m thinking a 5 iron to the shin bone.

:rotflol:

At least a little talking to would be in order!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.