FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: You Start Out To Do One Thing And.......  (Read 3582 times)

taxid

Re: You Start Out To Do One Thing And.......
« Reply #15 on: Aug 08, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Funny we switched suppliers at work and the guys who where doing the switch over asked me one day how you stay in shape so we'll. I said well come work with me for 2 weeks you'll be back in shape 2 I carry ladders around all day long and climb them he's like oh yeah that sounds like a good work out.

I hear you on the ladders and how much effort it takes going up and down them! And especially carrying them around! I have a three story log home that is high maintenance and I have three ladders to get the job done. Add to that the ground is not level on one side. Thank God I added a Levellock to one of them!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Badbrad2186

« Reply #16 on: Aug 08, 2020, 09:26 PM »
I hear you on the ladders and how much effort it takes going up and down them! And especially carrying them around! I have a three story log home that is high maintenance and I have three ladders to get the job done. Add to that the ground is not level on one side. Thank God I added a Levellock to one of them!

Yes setting them to be "safe" is half the battle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2020, 04:20 AM »
Spent the last 10 years I worked doing lighting and energy management systems. I know all about ladders. None of them are safe. Well, they're only as safe as the person climbing them.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2020, 12:57 PM »
My kids when they were in highschool long time ago asked me if I wanted to " Lift weights " with them and I said really I lift weights 10-12 hours a day putting guide rail in hahaha, but sure has taken its toll on body

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2020, 01:18 PM »
I’ve always wondered how you guys get those guard rails so straight and get them to form those nice  curves.

The last 4 years I was on the road with the bucket truck i covered more than 100,000 miles. I’ve seen your work somewhere I’m sure.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #20 on: Aug 09, 2020, 01:31 PM »
Thx rg ,yea I'm sure you've seen my as well as I'm sure seen yours ,heck may even been on same job at sometimes been at rail 30 years ,after working in other stuff

Badbrad2186

« Reply #21 on: Aug 09, 2020, 01:36 PM »
Spent the last 10 years I worked doing lighting and energy management systems. I know all about ladders. None of them are safe. Well, they're only as safe as the person climbing them.

Rg

Hence the "safe"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #22 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:05 PM »
I just can't believe all the things that have to get done to keep a home and property running and maintained. Add to that a log home and four ponds...

My next big project is replacing the decking with poly deck.

Have fun when you build your new deck.

filetandrelease

« Reply #23 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:09 PM »

That’s awesome

gotagetm

« Reply #24 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:17 PM »
That is hilarious

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:39 PM »
I could do that....!

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #26 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:51 PM »
I used to have a thing called" Bob the amazing arm" it was a shirt sleeve with a Hollywood prop hand in it , I got to work one day early and burried it in topsoil me and a guy had to take out ,I let him uncover it and he screamed and took off running ,pretty cruel but at time I couldn't stop laughing

filetandrelease

« Reply #27 on: Aug 09, 2020, 04:44 PM »

An EIC for the state called the police do to a inspector finding a femur which was plastic , it was pretty funny for some 😉

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Aug 09, 2020, 04:52 PM »
I used to have a thing called" Bob the amazing arm" it was a shirt sleeve with a Hollywood prop hand in it , I got to work one day early and burried it in topsoil me and a guy had to take out ,I let him uncover it and he screamed and took off running ,pretty cruel but at time I couldn't stop laughing

“Bob The Amazing Arm” ......My kind of comedian..

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #29 on: Aug 09, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Hahaha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.