FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: why i got the vaccine  (Read 2445 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
why i got the vaccine
« on: Apr 09, 2021, 04:03 PM »

last april i tested positive i was never so sick in my live ,no consiracy talk no micro chip talk  no government control .....i was just so sick i thought i would die ......i really don't want to see anyone go threw it i was positive for 34 days....i hope you decide to get the shot...... i don't want a bunch of  people  talking stupid if you don't want a shot don't get one but let the rest be able to make  A WELL INFORMED DECISION without  fake internet bs stories ....fish on..........i'm sure this thread will NEED to be deleted but if it saves one person from going threw what i did it will be worth it ....ty  RG for the nice  pm 

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: why i got the vaccine
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Glad you came out ok Trapper. No one deserves to go through that.

For once I’m happy you’re a stubborn old fart.

Our family has all been vaccinated now and tomorrow we’re having out first (belated Easter) family gathering in more than a year. Can’t wait for  some big hugs.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2021, 05:17 PM »
My grandson’s mother got it last week.
She couldn’t drive herself to the hospital and called an ambulance.
Now she is embarrassed because of the ambulance ride.
I like her a lot and darn glad she came out ok.
She did an overnight in the hospital and quickly started feeling better.
My son had his kid so he and us have been watching him while his mom quarantines.
It hits everyone different.
I just lost another friend to it last week.
I have personally known 5 people taken from us by covid.  And dozens more that caught it and survived.  Some real bad and others not so bad.
But this crap is real.
Very real.
If you don’t want to get the shot(s) for yourself, please get it for someone who loves you......or for someone you love.
Please!

FrankM

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2021, 05:59 PM »
I get my second shot tomorrow.  I want this mess to be over with. I will keep the rest of my thoughts on this subject to myself.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

Old Timer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2021, 06:46 PM »
My wife got it and we have no idea where as we were very careful and did everything right,.  Very lucky as she is doing well. Senior with type 1 Diabetes.    When I finally got an appointment ( in Fl) I had the choice of JJ or Moderna.  I got my 2 nd shot at 2 today.. took the moderna. 
You are right Trapper.  Make your decision and dont push the envelope..   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2021, 07:13 PM »
I get my second shot tomorrow.  I want this mess to be over with. I will keep the rest of my thoughts on this subject to myself.
Thank you!

Rg.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2021, 08:31 PM »
i got it in the beginning it took nearly 2 weeks to get the results but you already knew ...... ilike hearing people recovering and i like hearing they got the jabs

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2021, 09:24 PM »

Couple weeks and I get my second shot, going to get my boy his first tomorrow, old lady is high risk and we'll do anything to protect her.

Pequod1

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2021, 05:33 AM »
We have not seen our daughter and two grandsons in 14 months now. They live in LA. Even though we have had our shots we still do not feel safe to take the all day trip out there. You granddads here know how I am feeling about that.
Please get your vaccines. My daughters mother in law passed all alone from Covid as my wife’s good friend and cousin.
I’m very glad you made it through trap.

wallyworld

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2021, 05:38 AM »
Glad you recovered Trapp  :clapping:   we both had mild cases in December, I'm still struggling with the cough  :-\  both of us are fully vaccinated now  :thumbup_smilie:  son and d-i-l both have 1st shots, great feeling to know visits with family/friends are once again possible  8) 

cnypanfisher

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2021, 05:47 AM »
If anyone has been in the military and been through the "shooting galleries" they send you through, 1 or 2 jabs can't be that big of A deal. I got mine at the VA, and now for the most part our "bubble" of people are vaccinated.

I had the Moderna, my arm was sore for 3 days after the shot, kind of or just like A tetanus shot. My partner Deb had covid arm first dose of Moderna, but the second shot got her sick as hell for 2 days. Mostly low fever, nausea, headache, light sensitvity, like A flu bug. She is glad she got through it, but felt like real Sh#@ for A day and A half. To make people feel better, the worse the reaction is it wil supposedly give A better defense in the long term.

Going fishing today, got to stay in the groove and get some sunshine.

Another tip, do what your doctor suggests, not the interweb, your neighbors, or anyone else for that matter, they go to school for this stuff. :)

:)

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2021, 06:15 AM »
thank you for your service and yes DO WHAT YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU!!!! COVID SUCKS

bbfrogger

« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2021, 08:34 AM »
I'm glad the people here that got the virus recovered.  My wife and mom both got their shots, which kind of covers our small family - both have comorbidity factors which made it important that they get it.  I believe that should be the deciding factor about whether a person gets the vaccine or not, in addition to a persons desire to get it.  Not sure where my post from yesterday went - apparently something offended someone.

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2021, 08:42 AM »

Bbfrogger , glad your family feels safer ,people’s feelings LOL , the people I fish with are brutal 👍

kc

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Fortunately for my wife and myself we did not come down with the covid flu. We have stayed to ourselves mostly for the duration of it.
We were lucky also to have gotten our second shot back on 02/22/2021. The second one was a doozy for me. At about 1:00am I got the chills very bad, lasted about 3 hours. By 10:00am the next day I was pretty much over it.
 I hope that everyone that wants a shot gets it and those who don't stay at least 10' from me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.