FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario laker  (Read 3254 times)

taxid

Re: Lake Ontario laker
« Reply #15 on: Aug 08, 2020, 08:47 PM »
http:// ` With these stocking reductions, 2020 lake-wide salmon and trout stocking in Lake Ontario will exceed 3.6 million fish, including approximately 1.1 million Chinook salmon, 755,000 rainbow trout/steelhead, 556,000 brown trout, 601,000 lake trout, 325,000 coho salmon, and 200,000 yearling Atlantic salmon.

Thanks for the info.

Can you imagine what it was like before the Europeans showed up with abundant landlocks in Lake Ontario? Maybe coasters too along with the lake trout?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2020, 06:02 AM »

My grandad told me stories of what he saw as a little boy , some vey cool stuff ,

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2020, 10:52 AM »
My grandad told me stories of what he saw as a little boy , some vey cool stuff ,

Share it with us!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

zwiggles

« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Nice fatty!!! 👍

What was the general length on them? They look week fed to say the least.

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Share it with us!
Here’s a couple , he told me the farmers backed there wagons down a pitched forked them out , Now I don’t know if they were for food or fertilizer , 1 small falls off the river they would try and leap and hit the rocks until they were bloody as the water was low

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 09, 2020, 02:58 PM »
freddie  i heard the  same  stories   and  that included little  salmon  river ....  pitch  forks  to  spear  them ......the  archaeologist that  researched   selkirk  state  park  where   looking  at the  old   american indian camps  that  were  used    by  them on fishing  trips then they  returned  to thier  homes

what  about the  blue  pike  that ran  in lake  ontario  and lake  erie?????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

filetandrelease

« Reply #21 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:16 PM »

Far as true blue pike I only know what I’ve read and that biologists would like to have specimens as they believe they no longer exist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.