FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you own a boat under 26' Coast Gaurd has a new law for you;  (Read 5979 times)

filetandrelease

Re: If you own a boat under 26' Coast Gaurd has a new law for you;
« Reply #30 on: Apr 06, 2021, 04:10 PM »
 Im not against-it as mine is able to accomplish plane ,and I’m trying to figure out how they come to the length , just like boats under 21’ need a life vest , why not all   From Nov -April ,   its the 4 deaths per 100,000 boaters and and 72% of all accidents are  alcohol related , wonder if boat rentals are included , as all it says boats on plane ,the  boating course doesn’t include rentals ,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: Apr 06, 2021, 04:25 PM »
For once I agree with this being a really stupid law. Fred’s right. Enforce the BWI laws instead of looking for some stupid kill switch thing.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

swnoel

« Reply #32 on: Apr 07, 2021, 06:33 AM »
This law only pertains to states where CG has jurisdiction over their inland waters...

taxid

« Reply #33 on: Apr 07, 2021, 10:21 AM »
I've had my boater education certificate for like 5 years now, never, ever been asked to produce it here in NH where it's mandatory. Even when I've been checked on the lake for my fishing license. And my boat is kinda a battlewagon with an old school 2 stroke V6, you'd think I would fit the profile of someone that should be checked.

I have although been yelled at for being on my phone while at headway speed. I thought they were kidding- nope! Very much not kidding!

I know a guy here that is ticked at your EPO and will never fish NH again. Said he got cited from not having certain euipment in his boat that he thought was only applicable to big saltwater rigs. It's been so long ago I don't remember what exactly the items were. His boat is not a big rig. Maybe out of state boats get preferential treatment?  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #34 on: Apr 07, 2021, 12:16 PM »
I know a guy here that is ticked at your EPO and will never fish NH again. Said he got cited from not having certain euipment in his boat that he thought was only applicable to big saltwater rigs. It's been so long ago I don't remember what exactly the items were. His boat is not a big rig. Maybe out of state boats get preferential treatment?  ;D

Hmm. Curious. The requirements here aren't any more stringent than other places?

lowaccord66

« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2021, 03:27 PM »
The easy solution is own a boat greater than 26ft.   8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #36 on: Apr 09, 2021, 05:23 PM »
The easy solution is own a boat greater than 26ft.   8)
I’m sure the law makers do 😉

taxid

« Reply #37 on: Apr 10, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Hmm. Curious. The requirements here aren't any more stringent than other places?

If I see him again I will ask him what the deal was. It's been a few years so I don't remember the details. Indiana is pretty lax compared to other states.

Edit: I left a message on his answering machine. Will get back to you after I find out what th deal was.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2021, 05:13 PM »
I got a call back from "Al." This was over 20 years ago so not sure if it's still that way (man how time flies). Anyway he said something about it turned out New Hampshire was the only state in the union the did not have any reciprocity regarding something to do with the registration of his 14 foot boat, and he had to abide by the same rules as larger boats as in a fire extinguisher and some other things like a horn. It ended up costing him about $150.00 in fines. He was on Squam Lake. Oh and at the time here in Indiana we didn't have to have a life preserver on as long as it was in the boat, but in New Hampshire it was required so he got dinged on that too. Or at one time we used to be good with just floatable cushions but not so in New Hampshire.

lowaccord66

« Reply #39 on: Apr 11, 2021, 12:44 PM »
I’m sure the law makers do 😉

You bet they do! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.