FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A Caddy Day  (Read 1686 times)

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
A Caddy Day
« on: Jul 25, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Spent this afternoon at Caddy Lake.  The bite was slow, but it was a good day to be on the water.  I caught one nice little walleye right off, so we had hopes of a good afternoon.  The wind picked up a bit and we had trouble anchoring in a couple spots.  Did a bit of trolling.  Eventually found a calmer spot in a lee side "bay" (really to0 small to be called a bay, more like an indentation in the shore) and cast some topwaters.  One nice thing about topwaters with kids is that they don't sink, so they don't get hung up unless they cast too far toward shore.

Anyway, Teresa caught this one trolling:

Luke caught this one (his first pike) on a topwater.  He actually casts fairly well for 6.

I didn't bother to take a photo of my little 'eye.  Besides, it is much nicer to look at happy kids' faces than my ugly mug.

Derek

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: A Caddy Day
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2004, 04:43 AM »
Thriller once again beautiful pictures of your children. You son's smile say's it all every time. Thriller have you every tried drifting with your boat. I pull in 99% of my fish using this technique. Just rig up with a bottom bouncer and spinner with a leech/crawler aaaand let her go. Lot's of fun buddy and usually produces good numbers of fish.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2004, 06:58 AM »
man!!! those are two happy little anglers....i don't think you could get a bigger smile from luke if you tried!!...way to go thriller....grump

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2004, 06:08 PM »
BW...I have drifted in the past, but not yet with the new Legend.  When we put the canopy up, it acts a bit like a sail and it is nice to have some shade on a sunny day like we had.  However, I must admit I don't think I've even given it much thought this year - probably a bit unnerved about fishing so intently that I forget to watch where we are going  :o  and run into something.

Thanks for reminding me.  Had a good day just over a year ago drifting for walleyes in Alberta...good memories.

Derek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.