FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: state by state F&G regulations  (Read 4890 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
state by state F&G regulations
« on: Nov 15, 2013, 03:14 PM »
Maybe there could be a forum that post the current regulations?
Might take a little bit of the legality guess-work out of our hands.

Of course that doesn't take into consideration any changes that may be made during the year, but it would cover the important basics.

Just a suggestion...
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: state by state F&G regulations
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2013, 01:49 AM »
Unfortunately it would open the site to all kinds of liability. I can see 4 pages of disclaimers to start. Besides, if a person can find this web site they can go to their state's web site and get accurate, up to date information any time.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

phatptrck1

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2013, 11:12 AM »
correct^ regulations are online, and people can pick up a booklet at their town office. Plenty of ways to figure out the regulations already. Plus, many bodies of hater have their own special regulations that don't fall under general law. 50 plus pages of fishing laws for each state would create a massive amount of clutter.
Some do, some don't. I might.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2013, 11:23 AM »
True, so very true, but my reason was that it might eliminate a lot of the "speculatory" judgements we hear about too often here.
What I mean is that people are playing the guessing game when it comes to specifics and will complain here when they are caught.
I was one but learned my lesson well and will advocate getting and READING the fishing abstracts for whatever state and body of water you plan to fish.

"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2013, 03:26 AM »
Anyone believing the keyboard lawyers is , at best, mis-informed. NY is easy to deal with. Just call the local CO, whose number is listed in the booklet and online. They will give you information you can trust.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.