FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Hook in your hand  (Read 2845 times)

Fishin-Mission

Fish Hook in your hand
« on: Oct 31, 2019, 07:48 AM »
After seeing the post about Fishshack burying a fish hook in his hand.  I wondered how many others have buried a fish hook in their hand this season while landing a fish by hand.

After 50 or more years of fishing, I managed to bury a hood in my hand twice this year while landing a fish.  The first time I extracted the hook myself and the second time it was urgent care.  Luckily there was not a thrashing fish on the lure.

filetandrelease

Re: Fish Hook in your hand
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2019, 07:55 AM »

Once this year I was attached to a stick bait and fish ,had to kill a nice eye I was going to toss back , , I was lucky , rotated the hook in circles until I was able to yank the dam thing 🤪

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Did that with a big stick bait with a 3 lb laker hanging on it..  Once we got the fish off we  got the hook out with the string method....    ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Yup....6/0 mustad sand eel teaser...in the meat of my index finger right past the fingernail.  Quite painful.  Had to push the point through crush the barb and push out.  That was the most recent self hooking incident.

reeleyz

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2019, 12:00 PM »
Not this year yet...  :unsure:

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2019, 01:07 PM »
[/quote
 Good for you , I never seem to make it through a year without some miss hap 😃

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2019, 01:18 PM »

Few years back I did with s Slime Dart attached to a Husky Jerk..... Not fun.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2019, 04:17 AM »
I have   gotten a few  hooks  in my body  most  you can remove  quickly and  easy with this technic  it  you can't   GO TO THE ER  before  you do more  damage ! 

https://news.orvis.com/fly-fishing/classic-video-remove-fish-hook-skin
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

reeleyz

« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:59 PM »
[/quote
 Good for you , I never seem to make it through a year without some miss hap 😃

When I stopped by my buddy Tom’s house the other night he was fiddling with something on the shoreline when I walked up. He had his glove, his hat, and a walleye all hooked to his lure. Luckily he didn’t have his hand in the glove.  :rotflol:

caught_the_fever

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Did something stupid one time while fly fishing surf for stripers.   Caught my back cast on some rocks 20 yards behind me.  Fishing was hot at the time so after freeing my clouser, rather than toss my line into my stripping basket as I was walking back down to the water I started a bunch of short casts.  Accidentally stepped on slack as I was commencing one backcast and had my clouser screaming back at me, burying into my ring finger (fortunately nothing else).   Since there was no brutal burning, I figured I had not hit a nerve, grabbed my pliers and gave her a good tug then placed my stripping guard over the wound to help it clot to get back at it as quickly as possible. 

Fortunately no damage other than a little blood loss - got lucky; never again, and this story will be a learning lesson for my son when he's of age. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2019, 12:34 PM »

Bruce that must have been a site

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.